Sunday's update

Today I'm dragging this  leg round as I seem to have injured one or more groin muscles in my attempts to become a more fit individual. Overuse can be as bad as underuse I guess. Time to remember that 70 plus years needs a bit longer to warm up. Well enough winging.
I'm excited that the Color it Red blog hop is moving closer, and it will be my debut. I hope not to disappoint. Reds come in many different tones, tints and shades. Its a colour that speaks volumes.
Red is the colour of love, of heat, of strong emotions.
 
 Today I was working on my secret sewing for the Fibre Arts Festival in October, and also I made February's block for my own personal BOM. This is month six, and this the block.

 

 If this block looks familiar to you, it probably is. In 2003, the first year of my quilting journey,I saw a very old quilt at my friend Marilyn's home. It was made by her grandmother. The quilt was 72 inches square, and the blocks were 9 inches finished.  Over these past years that quilt has stayed in the back of my mind, and this past summer I decided I would redraft the quilt pattern so instead on one large block, my quilt is about 12.5 inches.  My goal is to make enough of this block in quiet country scraps to make a small quilt for myself, perhaps a lap size.

These next fabrics are somewhat vintage, and are from the friend who started me on this journey. Marilyn was downsizing her stash, and invites some quilters to choose some pieces from those bits she was removing from her keepers. I chose some florals as I have had an idea for a floral quilt for some time as well. The background I will use with these is an off white with a small pattern. Our quilt guild will be having a sew day on Feb 15, and Lori, one of our members will be leading the way. For this day she has chosen a  block she calls "Grannys Square". It looks like a flower to me, so I thought, Aha!, a good spot for my new florals. I did a bit of prep work tonight ,cutting the background. Not finished yet, but tomorrow is another day filled with possibility.


There is a Wamsutta print, a Cranston print, and I believe a Peter Pan.


Well that is it for tonight. I do hope you had a day of blessings.
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts