It's the Color it Red Blog Hop







Hello
Well today's the day, at least for me it is. This blog hop is my first as a participant, but I've enjoyed following along on many sites during these events. My heartfelt thanks to each of you for sharing with the rest of us. My plan is to share with you some small and fun projects, some a bit bigger, and then my lovely Christmas piece that's waiting to be quilted, and that is just a bit intimidating to me.
Thanks for dropping in and allowing me to share my love of quilting with you, and Carol, thanks for bringing us together like this.
Lynn ðŸ’•
                                      
                               
The little guys first. These small pincushions are just a few of those I have made ,but they have some red included. The three tiered one was my attempt to pattern from a picture I had seen somewhere, but I couldn't remember where that was. Although mine might not be quite as nice as the magazine picture, it suits my little spot. The herringbone pincushion is from a pattern on Retro Mama's blog https://retro-mama.blogspot.com/. It is fun and easy, made from scraps, and it has some style.Something I have done with this pattern for a few of my quilting friend's birthday, is to make this pincushion in the friend's favourite colours, attach a small tag you make from card stock with your written greeting, and it becomes an integrated gift/card, with a very personal touch. I can't remember the source of the pattern for the little ones that remind me of spokes on my old bike, but it was on a blog. I learn so much from you all.


                These middle guys are a bit like middle children. They are present, but often mot making a big noise about both their presence, and their arrival. They too add joy to our lives through their beauty, and the experience we have as we create.
This small table runner was a scrappy venture. I had made a larger piece using golds, brown, green, and red. I simply took the average of the pieces after measuring my scrap strips, sewing them together with alternate background pieces. I really was happy to have enough red fabric to create the border and binding.These is minimal quilting in this runner, but enough I think to do. 



These two placemats were small experiments too. They are QAYG(s).I had some leftover 2.5" strips from a jellyroll. Some other quilters were trying this approach, and of course I couldn't resist. They are not difficult, but probably if you had some of the preprinted fusible batting , it would be even simpler. They are great for seasonal use as well as being bright and cheerful when we want to brighten up the room.         

It's my confession time. It is not a secret around here, but I am a scrap quilter, and love to play with little bits. This table runner is made from a collection of both backgrounds and prints given to me when others know about my love affair with  small fabric bits.These are not terribly small. I believe they finish at 2inches. As I look at the picture now, I could have made different choices about placement of the darker backgrounds. On the table it is not noticeable.


We've come to my largest piece. It will be suitable for a 48" round table. This pattern is from Karen Neary, a well known Canadian designer who lives in my beautiful province. I am quite in love with Nova Scotia, and the sea at her doorsteps. I'm also real fond of Karen and what she has created over a long number of years. You can visit her at Karen Neary.ca. That website will also take you to her blog as well as providing great eye candy.
This project combines paper piecing and traditional machine piecing. You will get a chance to hone your curved piecing skills I am finally ready to tackle the quilting on this.  I've completed a number of Karen's designs, each one helping to build my FMQ confidence.


















That concludes what I have today for sharing. My secret sewing doesn't feature red in any specific way, and besides it is secret. I don't like not sharing , but it is for the "greater good" I hope you have the time to visit with each of today's bloggers, and come on back on the 21st,(tomorrow) for more inspiration. Today has been a pleasure for me
Lynn 

                       February 20th
                                              Life in the Scrapatch
                                          Songbird Designs
                                            High Road Quilter
                                                 Elizabeth Coughlin Designs
                                       Patchwork Breeze
                                     Lynn's Blog
                                         DesertSky Quilting
                                         Seams To Be Sew
                         February 21st
                                  Just Let Me Quilt
                                  Quilt Fabrication
                               Beaquilter
                             All Thingz Sewn
                                 Karrin’s Crazy World
                                Den syende himmel
                                   Daughters of Dorinda
                                   Quilt to the Edge
                                            Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel

Comments

  1. So many beautiful quilts, but your pincushions are my favorites. I love pincushions. Have a nice hop, and welcome to my post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I'll be by for a visit tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Lovely quilts! I too like your pincushions and the Karen Neary designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I think making pin cushions is addictive. They are just so much fun.

      Delete
  3. Your projects are all wonderful! Congrats on your first foray into blog hop participation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elizabeth. I appreciate your words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Lynn, for your lovely words. You have indeed made (and tested) many of my patterns and I remain grateful for your long-standing support. Congrats on your first blog hop, I hope it is a lot of fun for you. It's a great way to make new quilting friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I am learning and having fun. I remain a big fan of you and your talents

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing all your projects! They all look great. Best of luck on the quilting of that lovely piece--I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I hope to post the finish later.

      Delete
  7. For a first time blog hopper with us you really rocked the whole red thing. I love all your sweet red projects! Your largest piece is incredible in colors and design...I'm sure it will be even more gorgeous when it is quilted. Thank you so much for hopping with us and sharing all your red projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I really appreciate all the help you provided me. I think I would like to do this again, and keep learning.

      Delete
  8. Wow, you made us all "red" with envy. What gorgeous projects you shared. I love scrap quilting myself and love seeing all the fun things you have done. That quilt that Karen designed is absolutely stunning! Karen is one talented gal, and your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I love your ready pun. Playing with paper, pens and words is another of my joys. Ain't life grand!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous red projects! Loved seeing the lovely things you have made! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karrin, thanks for taking time to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have beautiful red projects!! Your herringbone pinnie is just so adorable! Love your Karen Neary quilt and I can't wait to see how you quilt it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your projects are so lovely! I especially liked your placemats. Such a simple design, but so striking in red. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Charlene. It feels so good when we usr up something, and we finish with a sweet project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a post full of red quilty goodness!! Pin cushions, placemats, and a table topper, too? Go, you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sew much fun! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  15. I love your red projects! Thank you for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon ,thanks for your kind words, and for sharing part of your day with me.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia. Kind words like your help build my confidence to try this again.

      Delete
  17. Gosh, it's hard to believe your a first time participant in a bloghop... you've amazed me with all of your wonderful projects, but the Christmas paper pieced project is stunning!! I am not sure I could have done that one and get it to lay flat on the table like yours does. It's just really really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marian. All of the kind words written here today make my heart smile, and encourage me to keep learning and experimenting. I'm not a gal to set the world on fire, but I sure like being one of the gang at the party.

      Delete
  18. Lots of lovely red projects happening at your place. I love seeing what comes out of others scraps. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. This has been a good learning experience.

      Delete
  19. Lovely RED quilty pieces but I must admit I am smitten with your pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does seem that making these little pinnies is addictive.

      Delete
  20. Lots of pretty red at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the eye candy, absolutely lovely! Thanks also for joining in the hop & sharing your creativity. This hop has been such fun & I've found new Canadian blogs - YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a brand new experience, and I hope to meet new quilting friends. Thanks for dropping in.

      Delete
  22. Gorgeous red projects and love the last one. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing my fingers that the quilting on the Christmas Beauty will complement Karen's pattern.

      Delete
  23. So many fabulous red projects. I;m one who doesnt like a strong read of the color - a touch to pop a project.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for sharing you wonderful red projects, Lynn! Your Christmas quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. This has been a pleasant experience, and I'm glad you came to visit.

      Delete
  25. I love all your red projects, thanks for sharing at the Chameleon's Colour & Inspiration Tuesday. I have dropped by this post before, but didn't have time to leave a comment just then. I hope you really enjoyed being part of this blog hop and that there will be much hopping in your future. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Dione. I did enjoy this experience and hopefully will be able to participate in another event.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts