Color me Pink and Red

Until last week, there hadn't been any big snows in my area. Nature has now decided to share a lot of the white stuff ,I guess we won't feel ignored or slighted in any way.

I took this from inside my sewing room. That was yesterday when the sun shone brightly, and the snow started to melt a bit with the sun's power. The forecast for today includes another 10-15 cm which is no doubt enough.

This is just after the snow started this morning. If you look to the left(just slightly), you will see a doe bounding away. She was eating apples from under the snow, when i appeared with my little camera and away she went. The crows were here early too, for a snack.
Wednesday's sewing went quite well. Four hours of secret sewing, and then forty-five minutes of just playing. Since I can't share the secret sewing for quite some time, I am eager to show you my first  Granny Square block. I used the fabrics from my previous post, gifts from my friend Marilyn. I misnamed the fabric lines on two of those fabrics. One, the lightest floral in value, is from Marcus. The multi floral piece is from Joan Kessler. The darkest value on the outside of the square is the Wamsutta  print. I don't know the line from which the small centre comes. Maybe someone will see this, and know the print and its maker. Now only 19 more to go. It was a lot of cutting but that first step is done.

Tomorrow is St Valentine's Day. For some it's flowers and chocolates, maybe dinner, and a movie at home, a handmade card from someone who cares. There have been lots of examples on the web of Projects available to make to celebrate the occasion. Lots of pinks and reds can be found. These are the cards I made for some special people on Valentine's Day. I made a dozen, but two were posted some days ago. It takes a while to get across this huge and beautiful country.
I used up some of my small pink and red scraps to make these. Time consuming but fun.



Next Monday, Feb. 17. the Color it Red    blog hop starts. I thought I'd post the list of bloggers with their special day now, so if you read this post you'll be prepared to have a bit of fun. Well I can't figure out how to attach the list from a google doc file so I took a pic of those bloggers who will start off the event, and I'll work on a solution.

I hope you love your Feb. 14th and we'll be back soon
Lynn
















Comments

  1. As reported by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the one and ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 kilos lighter than we do.

    (And realistically, it is not about genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they are eating.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

    Tap this link to determine if this easy test can help you find out your real weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts