My quilt memories

I was looking through my quilt pictures tonight, and came across a couple that I would like to share.


These three quilts have a special message for me.This one was made as I attended a beginners workshop over an eight week period with Martha from the Covered Bridge Quiltery. I learned some very good habits there.

This second quilt was made by me as a test pattern for Dionne Stephen -Gardener .There is a considerable span of time between the first and this one. Check Dionne out at Th Clever Chameleon  blog. She is an awesome designer. This pattern was  clearly written, and the diagrams easy to follow.I love how it turned out.


This third, although the pic is not great, is quite special. Back before quilting, I did some fashion sewing. Then one day in 2003, my good friend Marilyn, invited me to make up a group within her church who were going to dabble a bit in quilting. Initially I protested, (much to the amusement of sewists I knew then and now,). I didn't put a lot of thought into the fabrics, and this quilt was going to be cut using templates we made out of cereal boxes, and hand sewn. Marilyn provided a large number of traditional patterns to choose from, and on average participants were planning to make four blocks. Well although I wasn't especially interested in hand piecing, I went along with the group. Thirty blocks later, and using a sort of quilt as you go approach, my quilt was done. It was fun, and I did enjoy the hand quilting. It gave scope to the imagination. If you could make the stitches, you could create lots of patterns and pictures with the quilting. It didn't take me long to figure out how to get these blocks made using my trusty sewing machine. I was off to the races. Today I am grateful that Marilyn was willing to teach us the basics.

That finishes my little trip down memory lane for tonight.
Lynn

Comments

  1. If you're trying to lose kilograms then you absolutely have to start following this brand new tailor-made keto plan.

    To create this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and chefs have joined together to provide keto meal plans that are powerful, painless, economically-efficient, and delicious.

    Since their grand opening in January 2019, 1000's of clients have already completely transformed their body and health with the benefits a smart keto plan can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-proven ones given by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts