Palm nuts.
 The red ones are ripe, and the squirrels run up the trees, pick them and peel the red cover off before enjoying the tasty treat.


Well my little vacation to the sunny state of Florida is over, and I'm back to my beloved Nova Scotia home. I admit that it can get cold here, and we are not strangers to ice or snow, but it is such a beautiful countryside, and we are surrounded by the Earth's ocean with its many moods.

Since I've just gotten back, not much sewing happening at this moment. Today I did make my 10 blocks for the 100 Club quilt. Gosh, February will be our last pick up month. I am seriously looking forward to the assembly of this quilt top with its black background. It is my first very dark background, and its necessary for me to construct these blocks in good daylight for accuracy. Here they are:
I'll be sure to post a pic of the flimsy when it is ready.
I'm going to be participating in a blog hop in Feb. My day is the 20th and the subject of the hop is "Color It Red". I've been attempting to add a button to my blog, but not successful at this point. I'll keep trying. I have several little bits to share on that day.
Ok, now a few days have passed, and I haven't accomplished much. I seem to have brought some sore joints home with me, and those are really slowing me down.


My day is Feb. 20th.and I'm excited. It's a first for me.
I'm busy doing some secret sewing for the annual Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival Oct. 13-17,2020. I'll  be hosting a SewIn on the 14th with 42 quilters who come for a fun day of sewing, sharing, and prizes. I wish you all could come sew with us.
I'll post this one, and get a start on my next.
Lynn 



Comments

Popular Posts