What do you do on a day off?

This question is one that I've been considering since I started a part time job. I've been retired for some time, but recently have been given the opportunity to work a bit in the wonderful world of fabric. The last two days I've worked full days, and now today I have an entire day at my disposal. Isn't that something to celebrate! Well what do you know, the phone just rang and now my entire day is changing. I'm excited. Martha from The Covered Bridge Quiltery has had a cancellation in the beginners serger class scheduled for tonight, and my name is next on the list, so here I go. I love this shop and its staff. They are always so helpful, and I learn something every time I put my foot in the door. You can check out the shop on Facebook I believe, although I'm not yet sure how that process works. Martha hosts a fabulously fun quilting retreat in October. I will get in the registration lineup on June 1st at 7am, to be certain I get a spot. Do you suppose that at some date we'll be camping out in chairs overnight? Never mind. If we do, I'm sure it will be a great group and there will be treats and lots of laughs.There is always a quilt project prepared by Martha and her staff, that one can choose to do, or just do what you wish. The group of women who have been there over my years of attendance,(and it must be 6 or 7 years), have always been friendly and generous of spirit.
I want to share a project I'm working on now. If I haven't mentioned this before, I'm plodding along on "Easy Street". That is a joke, but Bonnie Hunter's projects are never uncomplicated. They are always fun. I'm determined to finish this one. If I ever have a "claim to fame", it will be as a good starter and a poor finisher. Bonnie is the creator of Quiltville.com , every year she hosts a mystery. This year the quilt is called EasyStreet. You can find the steps at  quiltville.blogspot.ca/ 
I have finished all of the individual units and have sewn half the blocks. Ass you can imagine there is still a long way to go to the finish.

This is one of the blocks either A or B The other is like this
My husband loves these colours and the composition. Now that is not always the case with my quilts. I made a top that I really like, and a few others who have seen it, like, but he sees it as "butt ugly". That is what is so wonderful about this world of quilting. There is room for everyone.
Now I'm off to check out the serger I'll be taking to the class tonight, and to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate, one of my vices. Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts