Monday's adventure

Monday has pretty well spent itself. This seemed like a good day to set about reorganizing my stash of quilting magazines, and my much smaller stash of books about quilting. It is just so much fun to renew my acquaintance with some of the magazine issues. I general at this point , I would name American Patchwork and Quilting my favourite magazine. Having said that, I really enjoy many of the Australian stitchery magazines. Besides quilting, I enjoy hand embroidery, and do a bit of that during the year. There are so many projects in those magazines where one gets the opportunity to dabble in both quilting and embroidery.When I made Emily's quilt, those issues were my inspiration for a number of the quilt blocks. It was so much fun seeing the embroidery blocks develop.  Meaghan's quilt had a pastel swirl as it's base . When the top was completed, it reminded me of an old fashioned quilt. Now Seamus will leave the nest this year, and I am deciding on the pattern for his quilt. The fabrics will be from my stash of flannels and homespuns. He is a guy who does not like to stand out in a crowd, so we need to keep the colours neutral and medium to dark. I think a simple construction will suit him well.
The question that is perplexing me today is how I can incorporate the colours from Martha's challenge brown paper bag, into a good looking finished piece. There are two grey pieces, one deep cream background, and a gold piece which has a small red feather through the print.The remaining choices are to come from individual stashes. I'm not much into greys, even if they are "blue greys". I also want the piece to have functionality. As of this minute ,there are six possibilities rolling around in my cerveux.(or crevette).  Crevette is a French word for shrimp, and sometimes my brain seems to be that of a shrimp.
We are expecting more snow tonight, but nothing that begins to equal that of the weekend.Tomorrow I'll be on the road for a short time, probably three hours at my part time job. Tomorrow evening is the valentine party for our square dancing group. We are part of the Cumberland Twirlers.  I'm not sure when we will graduate from class members to mainstream dancers, but no doubt we will be students even after the magic graduation day.
Darkness has fallen and the clock reads 6:22 pm, so it is time for my super.  You know, I have an old treadle in the barn, it belonged to my grandmother. I think it is time to get it in and see if it is still functional. I may go look at it as soon as it is a bit milder outside.
Lynn

Comments

  1. This was an interesting read. Did you come up with anything for your challenge fabrics? I am wondering what made you think of your treadle?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts