It is a beautiful Saturday morning in river Philip. Isn't the sunshine a sure fire way to cheer your day. It is mine. This is breadmaking day, and my hubby is making some sweet and sour meatballs for lunch. These are really the leftover ones from last night. Life has so much to offer us, and we don't need to leave home to enjoy much of it. This morning I was updating my address book. I'm still using the ancient art of writing by hand to do this. My friend Marilyn, gave me a delightful address book a number of years ago, and the beauty of it is that it is so much fun to open the book and read the quotes, and enjoy the pictures, that updating is a very pleasant experience.

This is a joy to the eyes



As well, I browsed through the recent posts of my Facebook friends and family. There is so much variety in life. Our son Mike, and his wife Kim, enjoyed a games night last night. One of the games they played was Labyrinth, a Ravensburger game. My experience with this company is that they offer quality products that last well through lots of play.
In one of my earlier posts,maybe even my first I mentioned a recipe for pancakes that we really like. It is simple, and all ingredients are those found in our homes. I'll include that recipe today.

Pancakes:
Mix together in a bowl : 2 cup all purpose flour
                                        2 tbsp sugar
                                         1 tbsp baking powder
                                        1/2 tp salt
                                       
Mix together:               2 eggs
                                     2 cups milk
                                     1/4 cup melted butter
Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix  together but keep a lumpy consistency. Heat griddle pan to 375F. I test with water sprinkle. Water must dance for the heat to be right. Often we cut this in half because we are only two for a meal.
Like many families we have children and grandchildren living in distant spots. It is a challenge to keep or develop relationships when we are so far away and personal contact is infrequent. We have two little granddaughters in BC. Sometimes I feel so sad to realize that we don't have opportunities to be a bigger part of their lives. At Christmas Karolyn(6yr), sent me a purple fairy piece of her artwork.

 Karolyns art

If any quilters happen upon this blog, I want to share with you that I have been plodding along on the Easy Street mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter  at  Quiltville.com or Quiltville'sQuips & Snips  There is a wonderful opportunity with all and any of her quilts to use scraps, or smaller pieces from the STASH. I am always amazed at the speed with which some quilters manage to sew all of the units in one of these quilts during the mystery. I will always be dragging behind.

One of the regular spots I visit for inspiration and information as well, is                                sewkaren-lycreated.blogspot.com/  I haven't yet learned how to link with other blogs, but I hope to in the future.
 For today please be patient with me. God hasn't finished with me yet I guess it is time for me to stop for now. Life is moving along  in a different direction.
Lynn



Comments

Popular Posts