Sunday, a day of restful sewing

It is good to be back in action. From Thursday until this morning I have been pretty quiet trying to get away from the pain associated with abused muscles and joints. Early in the week, I was moving fabric bolts around, and really I'm not up to a lot of that kind of action. It was fun though, at the time. Today I was able to play at the sewing machine. The small cot quilt I started with my Thimbleberries group now is at the stage where two borders are added, and one row of quilting crosswise is done. I also played a bit with blocks that can be constructed a leaders and enders. One of those blocks was a suggestion from Bonnie Hunter's blog, and the other was inspired by an article I read in an older quilting magazine. Today I started to assemble the first blocks of Easy Street. I didn't want to stay at the machine too long today as I think I still need to be a bit careful with the muscles in my back.
Today is a day to stay inside away from the inclement weather. Snow, freezing rain,ice pellets, and now the wind is starting up. Winter is filled with challenges, but also opportunities to quilt, read, watch a good basketball game, or some other pursuit that is entertaining.
I took a couple of pictures of my mornings play, and I'll post them here. This is a leader/ender block.
This one was a suggestion from Quips and Snips blogspot, Bonnie Hunter's blog. They are 3 inch blocks












This next pic is of a small piece of handwork using wool felt and floss to make a small pincushion



 

I think these used with alternate plain blocks will make a sweet small cot quilt.
The last pic today is my first blocks sewn together for Easy Street. There is a lot happening in this quilt. It will be bulky as we get more rows sewn together.

What we see here is one A or B block plus a corner triangle plus two setting triangles. It is really neat!
That is my offering today. I am starting to wind down for the day.
Lynn




Comments

  1. Wow, you've been busy. The little bowtie blocks are sweet. There is always so much piecing involved with Bonnie's quilts, I marvel at how much she accomplishes. Today's weather should be great for sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts