Edyta Starr's Birthday blocks

Edyta Starr of Laundry Basket Quilts is celebrating her birthday this year by sharing 55 ,or a few more, 6 1/2 inch quilt blocks with anyone who wants to help her celebrate. I love making smaller blocks, and with another friend I'm playing along and loving it! She posts the weekly block on her blog each Tuesday. Today was number three. 

Here is number one. 

On Friday I was meeting with my small quilting group and we were having a conversation about various designers and their collections. The point was made that designers often keep the colourways compatible from one collection to another. That conversation stuck with me after the meeting, and while I was putting away all of my sewing bits from the group meeting, I came across a bag of scraps from my Thimbleberries projects and some Kansas troubles bits as well, (there are several scrap bags of that type in nooks and crannies). Deciding to test the theory of the day, I made a the first test block. I think it will work.


Next are blocks 2 and 3 in the blues, creams, and cocoa collection that I am using Some of my choices are from Clothworks, and others from Benartex.

Now today's blocks:


This is, I think, I sweet little block. It was fun to make.It has started snowing here now. That will likely change my plans to go out to practice tonight with my barbershop women's chorus The Funtones. It's a great group of women who love to sing in four part harmony acapella style.I'm trying to learn the bass for the songs. Used to be that I was a competent alto, but i think that as my body has shrunk some in height, my voice may have dropped a few levels too. 
And if you are in Canada, and you happen somehow to see my post, the Canadian Quilters Association is hosting a mystery from December till June, in case you may be interested. Clue one is here now, and the second clue will be available on Friday, the third Friday of each month.
That's it for now.
Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts