Midweek Stitching

 Thursday is a busy one at our house.On Zoom, I'm  studying along with a number of others the Rules of Golf in preparation for writing the National exam in April. There is so much to learn, but it's interesting, and although I have played golf since the 1960's, there is always something new to learn. One of my meditation groups meets on Zoom this afternoon. This class is often way above my head, but I'm always left with ideas and principles to think about. I try to live my life in the present moment, realizing that regardless of my plans, or whatever is happening in the big world, all I have is now, and given that reality, and knowing that I have little or no control over what happens, I want to be content to be, whatever the reality. This year, with so much war and lack of tolerance in many governments, I made a candle of hope ornament for my family members.While this small act won't change the big picture, it is a reminder to those I love to keep hope in their lives.

The sun is breaking over the trees now, and the blue sky with it's puffy white/grey cloud patches is so beautiful. It's chilly though. Environment Canada says the current temperature here is -9 degrees Celsius.With no wind to speak of, that is a manageable day.

Yesterday I assembled block 3 of Edyta Starr's birthday blocks. It's my favourite so far. 6 1/2 inches


And here is the same block in my scrappy Thimbleberries/Kansas Troubles scraps. Actually i think the light in this one is an Andover fabric.

For some time now I've been picking away at blocks made with my large assortment of blue scraps. I'm calling this quilt  "Wedding Ring Blues" . I think i have about 20 blocks now. The block pattern was one I found on a blog post. i'll need to go back and see whose blog that was, but the block had a different name.

I don't know how to get the program to allow me to post these pictures alongside each other.There seems to be almost no lessening of my blue scraps with this work, but hopefully at some point the difference will become obvious.
I finished my little snowman cross stitch yesterday. Eventually I hope he will become a little tree ornament. I like to spend a few minutes a day hand stitching. It's very relaxing. I hadn't done any handwork for some years. The joints in my hands are not so cooperative, but I've found that if I keep it to just a few minutes, its quite manageable, and definitely fun. I found an old magazine CrossStitch 2017 Special Holiday Issue that has 70+ projects for all skill levels. This one is called Winter Wishes by Alice Okon for DMC Corp. I didn't do the entire design as I was just using a scrap piece of Aida 14 ct, and also I don't have all of the colours, so I just use what I have. I think he is ever so cute.They rate the skill level as Intermediate, but if I can do it, it may be more like an advanced beginner. I have plans to make another designed by Carolyn Manning Designs called Snow. I don't have all of the colours for this one, but most of them. It's another little snowman, and its rated as easy.

I'm looking forward to Monday and the kickoff for the rows in the SAHRR. Check it out if you want to follow along with the fun, or if you want to participate. Quilting Gail's blog can get you started. Let's
have a great day, and be kind.
Lynn



Comments

Popular Posts