SAHRR First Border

 

Good Morning,
This is the first week for our SAHRR (Stay at Home Round Robin), and the first block given to us to use in our first border is the signature block. Round #1 is hosted by Wendy at @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life. She chose the signature block. Typically, the signature block has a white centre. I stayed with that, and am thanking my lucky stars that Kathleen, from Kathleen McMusings gifted us with a foundation pattern for several sizes of a simple signature block. Thanks Kathleen. I used the 2 inch finished pattern to make my four signature blocks keeping the white in the centre strip. As a first time participant I felt a little bit of anxiety about this new venture even though I am excited to be part of the party. I guess it's not uncommon to feel a bit uncomfortable or anxious entering the unknown. The block I used for my centre, was designed by Sue Spargo, and I'm sure I made it 8 or 10 years ago, as part of something I thought I'd be doing, but it languished in the orphan block drawer for a long time. At 6 1/2 inches, it's not a very big medallion, but I really like it. There was a piece of SSI print, about a meter, that seemed to look ok with it, so that became the frame of my first border. Hopefully it will  get used several times. This adventure is a bit of a mystery in more than one aspect.


I'm not a tech whiz, so I am hoping I have linked to Wendy's site as planned. Today I'm working on a pillow cover to replace one I made probably 20 years ago, and now has become too shabby to use. I'll post a pic when it is done. I'll put a zipper in the back, as I found in the past that the envelope back doesn't seem to work well for me.

Thanks for spending a few minutes with me. 

Lynn

Comments

  1. I'm a first time participant too. I think your block looks great with those corners and I'm interested to see what the other rounds have in store for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first round sets off the flowers beautifully. I’m a first timer, too, and just a little nervous about what I’ve gotten myself into. We’ll just all cheer each other on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now we are on to round 2. It is exciting. Thanks for your kind words

      Delete
  3. Yes, you linked up just fine! Yay! I'm so glad you are joining us, and yes, it's not unusual to feel a bit anxious. But just remember to have fun and add the border the way that feels good to you. I like the little corner Signature Blocks, they frame that pretty center block well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. It's fun, and exciting to see what each person chooses to do with their block

      Delete
  4. You did link and I love what you did. I am glad the patterns came in use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. Do you suppose that for round 2 two colours could bbe two colours plus my white background?

      Delete
  5. What a charming center block! And your first border is a delight also. I love the applique. It's one of my favorite methods of piecing a block, but I never do so because I'm making charity quilts for babies. They don't hold up as well for intensive use. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts