"Oh What A Night"

 After a glorious October first, sporting sunshine and breezes from the south, this evening a beautiful moon in a clear sky dominates the night. My poor camera cannot capture its beauty, but I want to preserve the memory of this awesome night. The moon was rising over the point of land to the east where it meets the Northumberland Strait, and I sat out on my little deck and watched the rising. This afternoon my husband and I went for a swim just after the high tide. The water temperature was not uncomfortable, but we never know when the later fall tendrils will creep out and end our swims.

Today I worked on some straight line quilting for a second runner that I hope to finish by the weekend. Perhaps I can post a picture of it tomorrow. I'm planning a trip home where I'll spend a couple of days with my regular sewing tools around me. 
I finished this one earlier in the week. When I am at home I'll find a binding fabric, hopefully a burgundy  Kansas Troubles print, as most of the HST's in the runner are from the Kansas Troubles lines. 

I'm drawn to working with small pieces of fabric. One morning this week I was tidying a drawer in my desk and came across some small HST's. They were cut offs from a comfort quilt I made earlier this summer. I probably stuffed them in the drawer before family arrived for one of our many birthday celebrations. We have quite a few in the summer. I made this little block with the HST's which measures at 1 3/4" unfinished. I think it is so cute. I think I'll make others when the opportunity presents itself again.


Today another group of designers are sharing their designs with us during Marian's STBS Garden Party Row Along. My day is coming on Oct. 8th and I'm a bit nervous that my scheduled blog posts without a hitch. Firsts are always a bit anxiety producing. I hope everyone gets a chance to visit all the designers who work hard to share their talents with us.

Darkness starts to approach the shore earlier these days, and by 9pm I'm thinking about my bed, a bit of reading, and a good night's sleep. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow
Hugs
Lynn



Comments

Popular Posts