Friday at the Cottage

 It's Friday. Last school day for this week, our Canadian Thanksgiving over, a few frosts over the last 2 weeks, and today a glorious Oct day. My husband and I took our likely last dip in the Northumberland Strait for this season. The ocean is probably starting to cool off a bit. It doesn't take a huge decrease in water temperature before we find it uncomfortable. Of course there is not the same heat in the day that we see from June through September, and this also impacts on our willingness to go swimming. It was a great summer for water sports, but too dry for gardens and lawns.

Yesterday as the sun was starting to make its arrival, the crescent moon was tipped on it's back as if it might be carrying golden dreams as it left for the day. It was so peaceful and quiet at that hour.





Today I finished the first section of our quilt guild's BOM. I'm not sure how many sections there are, but mine will be made from my scrap stash.

The shoo fly blocks finish at 3 inches. I'll need to wait until I make a trip home for fusible web to do the next sections as they have small applique bits. I'm just hoping I can keep up with the group.
Today while I was net surfing, I visited bloggers from the Spellbound SewAlong. There some sweet patterns, and most available free until Oct 25 I think. The patterns are developed for wool applique on flannel or cotton, but cotton could be used in all parts. I found just looking at what these designers have made was inspiring. And if you haven't visited Suzy Portman's site, you are really missing out. She has two programs on that are so much fun, Esmerelda's Garden, and her sea creatures. 
Oh , and don't forget to visit AJPadilla at Angies Bits and Pieces. She runs a free BOM. and a Christmas one as well. 
Enjoy your day
Love to all
Lynn



Comments

Popular Posts