Thinking Spring and having fun with my SAHRR.

 Oh what a day!. The sun was shining brightly, and we could feel the heat from the sun streaming through my sewing room window. The Scotties tournament of Hearts is in full swing, and Daylight Savings Time is not far off. There are so many very pleasant things here, or almost here, that my heart is singing.All of these things lead the way to my move from the forest to the shore. It won't happen for a coupe of months, but the time will fly.

This week I've had such fun working on my SAHRR. I'm so glad to be a part of this adventure. Early on, I've been wandering around waiting for the inspiration that would tell me where I was headed with the project, but I think it's coming together. Gail from Quilting Gail, has asked us to use four this week, four colours, blocks, as long as the number 4 is included. I knew I had some work to do to pull together my little whimsical blocks, and four garden paths seemed to be the "ticket". I'm really happy with where it is presently, even though I wanted to include pinwheels and posies somewhere. Well, maybe before it is done, who can tell?

What do you think? We still have one more prompt, and then the finish. 


While reading a quilt pattern our guild is planning to make, I was overwhelmed by the number of HST's that are needed, leading me to search for some simplifications that could be made with fewer cuts, seams, and therefore fewer opportunities to mess up . I dug out the Square In A Square book and ruler I purchased many years ago, but never used, and started playing. After reading and playing, I now know I will keep on with this approach. It is so easy, and gave me great results. I've only tried two of the options so far, but  I liked the result. This afternoon I made 22 option one blocks.It's a square in a square, no surprise.

 I do hope that your week is going well, and that you have great fun playing in your sewing space. Be kind whenever you can.

Lynn


Comments

  1. 4 garden paths to your 4 whimsical blocks is a great interpretation of this prompt!
    It's looking fantastic!
    Thanks for Linking to SAHRR #5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the pebbles of your garden paths are a fun addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden paths make a lovely border :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts