Round #3 SAHRR

 I'm amazed at how quickly this week has passed. It is the eleventh hour to get these borders on display. Our instruction this week, from Emily of The Darling Dogwood , asked us to use triangles in this round.   My concern initially was if the addition of a number of triangles would be too busy for my little piece. Then I thought about a fun project an Australian designer had come up with and wondered if it might be a fun project for me to do as well. Dionne, from The Clever Chameleon had designed a quilt of creatures using primarily triangles in the designs. While I am not the talented Dionne, I wanted to give it a try. It made me smile inside to play with the idea. Not wanting to finish with a large quilt, I kept this border width at 4 inches on two sides. Not sure where I will go for the next border, or if this one is really finished. I've created a mouse, a butterfly, and a cat so far. Except for the body of the butterfly, all the creatures are made up from triangles, some of the triangles are very odd angles, but they are three sided .I'm working on a fourth, but my drawings are not completed yet, still pretty rough. I would like to add something to the fourth corner of the strips. 

Here are pictures of my characters and their placement in the little quilt.



Mortimer the Mouse

Here is Julie who will visit me in July.



Please meet Charlie. He is always ready for the hunt.


Well that is the crew for tonight. In addition to fusible web, I used Inktense pencils and Micron pens to make this border It's been a slice. Thanks
Be kind whenever you can
Lynn










Comments

  1. What fun. These are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mouse, butterfly and kitty. A fun way to add triangles to the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dionne's animals were much larger, and oh so sweet, but I had lots of fun remembering the top, and went from there. Dionne is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever and creative idea! Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts