Special Day sharings

 Well good morning and I hope your day is bringing you joy, and if it is difficult in some way. I hope you are able to lean into it a bit, and be comfortable with that moment as well. Yesterday I had a few crazy moments. Our granddaughter was graduating from the Law Enforcement program at Holland College in PEI and the event was being live streamed. Anna (our granddaughter) sent the link, and we were all set up and excited to be able to share some of this event with her. It wasn't to be. For some unknown reason(likely my lack of tech savvy), we couldn't get the Microsoft Teams video to stream, and I was so disappointed, and then angry, that My sweet husband went out for a bike ride to be safe from my ranting. After a couple of minutes, I saw how absurd my actions were ,and what a waste of time and energy, so I got the vacuum out and did a great job of removing all the dust bunnies and whatever else was hiding in the corners. I definitely felt better, and the floors look great. I am and will be very busy until August working toward making the FIbre Arts Festival in our area fun for all of us. On August 3, I am hosting a Sew In for 30 quilters , It was an annual event until COVID hit and the lock downs started. Well we seem to be moving forward again, with caution, and so it is a good time to get together to inspire and share with each other.  I do some secret sewing for the participants, and we have some prize draws and a 50/50 draw too. Last Sew In we even had a small bring, buy, trade, or give table. I enjoyed all of the happenings that day, so we hope to do it all again.

This morning I went out in the yard to capture some of the beauty that nature shares with us year after year. I'm going to share some pictures with you



Oh don't stop now , there are more!   This daffodil has gotten away from the patch and planted itself at the edge of the woods. I love it's bravery in going its own way.

Now here is the group photo minus the renegade (or explorer) you saw above.

I couldn't resist capturing these early bush buds. The bush isn't one that produces beautiful flowers, but it charms me with its beautiful shades of green, and the promise of more to come.
And below is one of my favourite perennials. Some call it a weed, and maybe it is, but I admire its tenacity, its ability to nourish small bees, its willingness to bloom wherever it happens to be. Of course, it can also be a food source for humans . This little dandelion has a lot to recommend it.

This very small blossom was deep in the early grass, barely visible. I'm not sure what it will be called, but I know it adds to the beauty I find in the out of doors.

Now I have one more photo to share this morning. It was taken by Shaun Whalen, a local photographer. He has been recording a series of shots of this mum and her little family

You can find Shaun and follow this family ,(mum and her sweet kits) on facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063607306104 

When my husband gets home from his golf game, we will sit back and enjoy our day together. Today is our 46th anniversary. 

Living my best life one day at a time here in Cumberland County Nova Scotia.

Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts