Let's Make Something Together

 Here comes the weekend, and May the" force "be with us. I think many of us are ready for the rebirth of spring. In my neck of the woods, it's a slow process, but it is slowly creeping across the countryside. I've been busy working with the Fibre Arts Festival committee planning our fibrefest in August. After a hiatus of two years (COVOD related closures) we are having a rebirth of sorts. For logistical reasons the dates have been changed from October to August .From the 3rd to the 6th of August we will be awash with fibre related events. It's going to be sew much fun. The kick off event is a SewIn on the 3rd where 30 quilters and sewists will gather to share their enthusiasm by sewing up a storm. It's super inspiring to learn what others are thinking, and doing, how creating enriches our lives, and there is something quite peaceful about the hum of the machines, and the quiet laughter of those gathered to share a like passion.

Deanne Fitzpatrick's Studio will host several events for rug hookers and those of us who love to see what the rug artists are creating too.  The Cumberland Quilt Guild is hosting their two day quilt show and sale on August 5 and 6 in the sanctuary of the First Baptist Church. It is always a must attend event., 

There will be classes in hand embroidery, wool applique, cross stitch , wool felting, beginners class in making a quilt from scratch, and classes in thread painting and the New York Beauty block from well known designer and quilter Karen Neary. 

Zonta will host their very popular fibre bazaar at the Amherst Curling Club on Saturday. Come early so you won't miss a single thing. I'll post more later as the time grows nearer. 

Today I visited this blogger for the first time. Jill O'Leary at http://fiberluscious.blogspot.com/ She has sweet pincushions, and some other very interesting tutorials. You may want to take a peek yourself so I'm adding a link.

During the Wonderful World of Colour blog hop, I posted a picture of a block I'd seen somewhere, but couldn't remember where. Well I did draw it out to the best of my recollection, and then proceeded to make a block, which then turned unto nine blocks, and now has reached the stage of this.

This is the final size I'll make for this throw size top.55" x55"


And during the hop   Kathleen McMusing offered us this sweet free 6 inch finished paper pieced block pattern she had drawn in EQ8. For my first block, I used the trimmed bits from the above top . I think I may have enough bits to make blocks for a baby quilt. Great use of my batik scraps. I also used some of my leftover pieces of background from the above top .  https://www.kathleenmcmusing.com/2022/04/a-colorful-bag.html My heart sings when I let myself play with being creative. 

I guess that's it for tonight. I hope you have a wonderful day, and remember to lend a hand where you can.

Living my life one day at a time

Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts