Weekend, wonderful weekend

Saturday morning, almost afternoon, and I am still at home savouring the leisure. Some weeks work out differently than our plans. For some of us this is a common occurence, and no big deal. I am a person who jealously guards her leisure, so when the bits I have planned get lost in the wind, it takes me some time to find my groove again. I have been thinking this morning about solitude, and how some of us need it more than others. My mum told me this morning that she prefers to have other humans in her life all of the time, while I need solitude on a daily basis, even if it is for a short time. What about you? When I was working in the nursing field on a regular basis, (that lasted for forty three years), I  found I'd get "peopled out" from time to time. When that happened, I needed to recharge my batteries by finding some solitary activity, so my brain and spirit could get straight. Since I have left the workforce, solitude is available to me on a more regular basis. It is a treat, and it makes my contacts with others sweeter.
I haven't started any sewing yet today, although I did prepare fabric for a back. I also prepared fabric for little puppy nests. Our daughter and her family have two mini daschunds in the family. These are Sadie and Henri. Now Sadie is a small mini, and Henry is on the large end of the mini spectrum. These little beasties like to snuggle into a nest of cloth layers to rest, so 'll make each of them a nest.I haven't figured out all of the measurements, or considerations yet, but my mind is working on it.
Yesterday I worked a bit more on my Meadow Song, a WIP from a long ago workshop with Karen Neary. This is a nice piece and is a good opportunity to use smaller pieces of yardage. I don't refer to them as scraps, as my definition of "scrap" is quite small. I hope to add the next border today.  don't know if you have visited Karen's blog today, http://sewkaren-lycreated.blogspot.ca/ but you might want to see if you can guess what she is making with the mirror ball fabrics from Michael Miller.

 This is a poor photo of my Meadow song at its present point, but it gives an idea of the colors used. The applique blocks are a combination of hand and machine applique. The pinwheel blocks are three inch unfinished. My first border is pink and the final will be green. All parts of this piece are from left pieces from other projects.
I feel my eyelids drooping. It happens every time I sit in a chair without some specific task in hand. I'll stop now. hope this is an A+ day for each of you
Lynn

Comments

  1. Your Meadowsong is looking lovely Lynn; you don't have much more to do. It seems a long time since you were kind enough to read and edit my pattern for this one before publication.
    By the way, as for what you asked me the other day, looking at the picture I now remember why it was 4 end sections and not 8...since that outer pinwheel border is only top and bottom. I expect the lightbulb came on for you too. Nice to know both of us can count, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts