St Patricks Sunday

Happy St. Patricks Day  to everyone. This is a sunny Sunday with numerous great sports games on the tele. Our Canadian women were playing against Latvia this morning. The camera shots of the city hosting this event were extremely interesting. Imagine a country where the total number of curlers would be 250. There is one curling rink dedicated soley to curling. It has two ice surfaces for games. Other curlers use hockey or skating rinks ice. We are certainly fortunate in Canada. Of course there were playoff games to be viewed for the NCAA  basketball playoffs. My husband is not really a big fan like I am, but  he is beginning to get the gist of the game. I'm presently watching the CIS women's basketball final between Regina and Windsor.The womens team from St. Marys won the bronze in this national competition. congratulations ladies. We are proud of you and wish you well with your studies now that you have done the job out on the floor.
 In a few minutes our own UNB mens hockey team will play in the final CIS hockey against another of our teams, the St Mary's Huskies. Both of these teams played awesome games yesterday in the semis. There is also figure skating for those who follow that sport.
During my day today, I managed to get a bit of sewing done, between the sport bites. Here is a pic of Meadow Song with its final border. I elected to leave off the four outside corner pinwheels. This is a pretty piece. It will now wait in the cupboard for other long standing WIP's to be completed to this stage.I'm back working on the little QAYG cot quilt.

 The green in this piece is actually more saturated than the photo indicates. Isn't this a great pattern. There is a handsome husband behind this quilt top. Thank you Omer.


 I don't think I mentioned that Karen Neary had this Meadow song pattern published in a Canadian magazine The Quilters Connection. This is my copy.







I really can't start anything new, but if I could, I'd order a kit from Mrs P's and make another Beauty. This is beautiful fabric and so reasonably priced. I just wish I could start another.I referred to the kit in another episode. There is a picture of the completed sample on Karens blog. If you want to visit Mrs P's blog, here it is. Beth Munro from Amherst has started  a new adventure. She is opening a quilt shop in Amherst, and has a blog where we can follow her activities.
It is going to be a cold night tonight, so I do hope all pet families will make sure their pets are indoors, warm and dry. The hockey game is now going to consume all of my attention. for the next few hours. See you next time. hugs
Lynn
http://mrspsamherst.blogspot.ca

Comments

  1. My, you did have a run of sporting events! Thanks for the call about the hockey.
    I've really enjoyed seeing your Meadowsong quilt. I was so rushed making that one that I never really had time to step back and assess. Seeing yours, it makes me feel really pleased with the pattern. Those tiny pinwheels are a lot of work but so effective. I hope you have found this a worthwhile expenditure of your time.
    Are you going to quilt it yourself? ;0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts