SAHRR Week #6

 This is the final round of the Round Robin except for the parade, later in March. Kathleen's prompt asked us to use letters or numbers in this round. She gave us lots of ideas to get started. After much humming and hawing, I finally decided that none of my ideas were working. I tried pinwheels around the outside, and stars, houses, and then eventually realized that whatever I would do, had to feel right and make me happy with what I had done. I decided to add a green border round the piece, and to include this last prompt in a label on the back of my little quilt. A friend of mine had designed a quilt a number of years ago containing paper pieces tulips and they seemed to be what fit the spot for me. I'm also trying to become more familiar with my sewing machines features, so trying out the alphabets seemed like a move in the right direction .

To say that I have enjoyed the process over these weeks would be an understatement. I loved the process, the unknown, the fun of searching for what seemed to be right without any true direction, just playing and having a ball doing it. Then there was the learning part. Seeing what others did, and trying to understand how their process went was fascinating. Thanks everyone for your part in making this such a grand experience. I hope that if 2025 has another SAHRR I will be able to participate. 

Here's a picture of my label to be added before the parade. I have both letters and numbers, and two tulips to welcome Spring. You can see that the image is not great, please excuse my photography skills.

See you all for the parade. Be kind to someone this week. Their day may be a bit brighter because you cared.
Lynn


Comments

  1. What a sweet idea for the prompt. I love the tulips, and it’s neat that the prompt allowed you to practice a less familiar technique with your machine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts