SAHRR Parade

 Well it is almost here. the parade of creations made by many quilters over the period of six weeks for the Stay At Home Round Robin. After receiving the sixth prompt and linking up with the host to show how we interpreted the final prompt, there was a two week period for us to finish up our quilted pieces. Mine is finished today, and I am very happy with the entire process. When it is possible to create something that is uniquely yours, it feels good. 

In addition, spring is definitely approaching, some days showing the promise of great days to come. Today, as we were driving home from the Y, the sun streaming through the car window felt so welcoming. My husband actually took a club to the practice range at our golf course, and hit balls ,so anxious for this new season to begin. Seeing our laundry outside on the line was another sight that gives me a good feeling.

The quilting is simple on my piece, and it was done on my Bernina. Quilting expertise is not my strong suit, but I appreciate the learning aspect of this, and am happy that it is part of what is truly mine. Hopefully with practice, this too will improve. There is a bit of applique, some use of Micron pens, a bit of machine embroidery, and straight piecing in this piece that finishes at 26" square. The binding was cut at 2 1/4" and it worked well .I want to thank each of the hosts, providing us with weekly prompts, and encouraging us to share with the linkups , what we are doing. 

Here are my pictures of the finished piece. The final prompt was used in the label.







And that is a capsule view of my experience with this fun adventure. Wishing you a season of happy quilting. 
Lynn


Comments

  1. What a happy Spring quilt! Love the tulips on the label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic quilt, Lynn! It definitely speaks spring to me! Thanks for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being part of such a fun adventure, and for your kind comment.

      Delete
  3. Great finish with such a pretty quilt! Thank you for participating in the SAHRR and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gail for your comment, and for hosting such a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think spring, indeed! I love how your green border pulls everything together. I enjoyed watching you quilt change from week to week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, thanks for being along with me during this journey.

      Delete
  6. This is a beautiful quilt and I love your label with the daffodil. I’ve really enjoyed seeing this grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was Janine @ Rainbow Hare. I’m not being able to sign in for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the signup failure Janine. I have no idea what might be the problem. Thanks for your kind words

      Delete
  8. Your SAHRR is perfect for spring in all those lovely colors! Well done! Thanks for sewing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. I enjoyed the entire experience!

      Delete
  9. This is a beautiful quilt and I love your label with the tulips Think Spring is the perfect name for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts