After the Hop is Over

 That was a fantastic blog hop hosted by Joan at Moosestash Quilting. If you haven't had a chance to see the inspiration I found in the blogs, carve yourself a bit of time to see what others have been creating. I know you won't be disappointed. 

When my day to participate came along I posted a few projects, but there was one I wanted to share, but forgot in my enthusiasm to get the post to publish in a timely matter, so I thought I would show this little quilt today. Some time ago James Austen who is a rep for Northcott as well as wholesaling other fabric lines was kind enough to give me a pkg of Northcott's metallic earthy tones 2 1/2" strips.The colours are vibrant, quite saturated, and I was not sure how to use them. My experience with pre-cuts is very limited, and I didn't really have anything in my stash to work with them, but eventually this little quilt emerged. I went to Turbide and Leger's shop in Shediac N.B one day when my sweet husband and I were out for a drive, and found this Northcott backing that I love, and I think it complements the strips.



It is a throw size, not a huge one, but probably big enough to be cosy. Now today I am working on the turquoise border strips for Rhododendron Trail, and starting another unknown, and unnamed block. number 2.

I do hope you have a day of peace and love, Be present for every moment. 

Lynn
 

Comments

Popular Posts