Getting Ready for the Hop

 Monday April 9

Well good morning quilting friends. I am so happy to be back here with you. There 's a fun blog hop just round the bend, and I'm excited to be part of it. I was away for a few weeks dealing with life, but now I'm on the mend, and anxious to play! Joan at Moosestash Quilting has provided us with a list of the participating bloggers, so I thought I'd post the list today so you would be right there with me enjoying the fun as it arrives. 

        The Wonderful World of Colour 


I'm just getting prepped for the hop, and no sewing has taken place for a couple of weeks as I've been on vacation. We visited the beautiful island of Cayo Coco off the coast of Cuba. It is part of Cuba, and there is a long man made bridge that can be driven to connect to the main island. Our plane landed at the local airport so it was a mere 20 minute bus ride in a comfortable air conditioned bus to reach our destination. My main impression from this getaway is the kindness and gentle nature of the people I met there. The temperature was 30degrees C or higher each day, and there was a fair bit of humidity, which was pretty much balanced by the sweet breezes 

But since I am a diehard Bluenoser (Nova Scotian), I was so happy to return to our wonderful province at the end of the visit. Spring is in the air here, and summer won't be far behind. Some crocuses are in bloom, and some folks even have daffodils blooming. not in this part of my world though. The grasses underfoot have spring green showing through. It's all pretty exciting. 

I am trying some new things in my quilting journey though. Recently I used Glide thread in my Pfaff quilter. Until this time I've always used cotton, but this thread worked well, and nests nicely in the fabric. My machine liked it so I will try ti again. I hope to get another small top quilted before my day at the hop. I'll let you know how it goes.

And now I'm off to bed. I'm not a fan of late nights, as I am an early riser, and now that daybreak arrives much earlier, I feel I can get the best of light for my habits

Hope your days are moving along in peace and good health. Remember to lend a hand where you can. We are all together in this world. Hugs

Lynn

 Today I am working on completion of a quilt I want to share during the hop. I hope you will like it.



Comments

Popular Posts