Settling in for Winter, quilting and painting


Our Christmas message this year is a painting I did during a tutorial by Jesse Robertson from Keep It Colourful. Jesse lives in Cape Breton, a beautiful part of our "happy I live here" province. I am late posting here, but i do wish each and everyone who sees this, a 2022 filled with adventure, large and small. Try something you have wanted for a long time


 

January ninth, and we have had our first big snowstorm of the winter. More that 40 cm of the white stuff fell on our property 24 hours ago. Omer has been working hard to clear it, and the plough just went up one side of our rural road and soon we will be able to go if we should need to. We did not lose our power during the storm, and that is always something we hope for and are grateful for as well. 






There was some time to sew during the storm, and some time to sit back and listen to the wind and watch the flakes amass into a world of white.















Do you find yourself playing catch up often? It seems to be a regular thing for me. These past two days it has been too cold for me to venture outside, but I am not good at dealing with the cold, and these two days the thermometer is shaking with the cold. Well maybe not quite, but close.
Because I am working on the Quiltville mystery, and our guild BOM and a quilt for our granddaughter, plus my prep for the Polar Bear Plunge, I'm always trying to catch up to my planned timetable.  I must record here the finished top from the Fort Worth Fabric Store Christmas mystery, Homemade Christmas". It is at the finished top stage, and it was fun. They are starting another Valentines mystery soon, I think next week. Go have a peek, They are a kind and generous group sharing these mysteries free of charge. 


I don't know how to rotate this picture, but if you crick your neck, you can get the picture.
Jackie at the Fabric Cupboard is just one week into a sew along. Its a nice throw size, and the individual blocks will be released each Thursday free of charge. Then after the next weeks block is released there will be a small charge for the expired weeks block. Here is my block one. I found these fabrics when I was sorting through my blue scrap basket (well not the red), as I was planning my activities for the Polar Bear Plunge blog hop.

I had a large piece of cotton quilting fabric purchased a long time ago during my clothing manufacturer phase. It is beige with birds flying on the background. There is lots of it, and its sure time to get it in circulation. I'm hoping to hound my scrap baskets and build this entire village without doing any outside shopping. I'm also hoping to keep up with the sew along calendar.
And now, it is time to go read a chapter and get a good nights sleep.
Lend a hand when you can, and take good care of yourself
Hugs
Lynn



 

Comments

Popular Posts