A Little 2.5 inch fun

Good afternoon.
There are a couple of new online quilting groups in the past few days, and they are offering new block and quilt patterns. I have been attempting to keep from going wildly off in many directions, but a friend was chatting about a block she was making with 2.5" squares. That was enough I have a large tin filled with them. So today I've made my first. They are 16 inch blocks, and are straight forward to make. There is a tutorial on Lori Holt's blog.
It didn't make the slightest dent in the tin to take 48 2.5 inch squares from it, so there is the possibility of a number of blocks. We'll wait and see how it rolls out.

I'm back to my secret sewing now. I want to move this project along just a bit . I am getting a bit behind my planned finishes.
Now to enjoy the remainder of this beautiful sunny day.
Lynn

Comments

  1. Love it! That's one of my favourite blocks ever, and such a great way to use up scraps. I hope you get a whole quilt done, Lynn - I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to share a finish with you Karen. I hope I manage to stick with this. I started the second this morning. I'm wondering if maybe there is magic in the black tin . Could it possibly be that as soon as I remove 48 squares, the fabric sprite replaces them? I don't know, but the tin is full, right to the top this am.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts