What's Up?

Where has the time gone? I haven't posted since the Color it Red blog hop, but I've been fully occupied. We are getting prepared for the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival in October. I know it seems like a long time off, but a great deal of planning and preparation is needed to make this event happen. It's in its thirteenth year I believe, and if you have been involved in organizing a larger event, you'll already know how much work is required. This is my first year on the organizing team, and it is a learning curve for me. There is a talented group of fibre lovers on this team, and I gladly learn from them. Hopefully  can contribute something as well.
I will host another Sew In during the festival in concert with my friends Joyce and Karen. This is a day when 42 quilters gather to share, sew, and inspire. We have lots of prizes, block draws, and a 50/50 winner take all during the day. This is a non profit event where the goal is to be together with like minded quilters for a fun day in a safe environment. I'm already doing my secret sewing for the gifts.
The arrival of the Covid 19 virus has impacted on all of our lives. My husband and I are over 70, and we want to keep ourselves safe as well as hoping to help prevent the spread of the virus, so we have self isolated to the extent possible. My husband goes out when necessary for groceries, but uses good basic hygiene. His hand washing practices are second to none now. It's interesting how hand washing , once taken somewhat lightly in our fast paced society, has become once again an important practice in a healthy life. Keep washing your hands, and keep them away from your face. Good advice.
I have been considering how I want to put together some of my finished blocks from last years BOW from NS Online Quilters. I have them arranged and will move ahead with the assemble shortly.

Stay safe during this uncertain time, and Happy St Patricks Day
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts