Sharing day with 2018 Quilt Doodle BOM

January 21 will be a red letter day. Why? Well today Cindy Staub of Quilt Doodle Doodle is having a blog sharing day when all those who have been participating in her 2018 BOM can post pictures of their results(if finished), and their progress if(like me) , they are still working along to a slower finish.
This is my first BOM with Cindy, but it will not be my last. Her patterns are doable, and fun. This was my very first attempt at working with flannel as a background for applique, and then using flannel for the appliques was another adventure. Of course I got sidetracked from time to time, especially during those summer months when I am at the cottage, and the summer lazy periods become important . I realized in late fall, that I had misplaced one of the patterns, but decided just to "wing it". My final snowman block will not be as nice as Cindy's but who will notice amongst all the other snowman hunks. Here are my blocks, and top and bottom rows. I will finish the last man applique,(buttonhole stitch), today, and start the embroidery embellishments. I don't have any of the sweet buttons some have used, but we'll make do. I'm working strictly from my stash, happily so, but it does require a willingness to accomodate. I'll post a pic when I have completed the top, and then again after the quilting is completed. I've chosen a 2004 Thimbleberries red print for my sashings(must have been on sale, I have a good bit of it), and for my borders this Benartex Christmas print,(again an oldie but goodie).











Cindy, thanks for getting this day organized. It lights a bit of a fire for me to get going and finish, as well as encouraging me to become more active with my blog postings. I do hope everyone has a wonderful day. 
Lynn

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. These are happy patterns, and it was a joy making them.

      Delete
  2. Colorful blocks should make a happy and warm quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've liked this BOM all year, and your color choices made great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. As of today, I have the last outside border to attach, and then on to thinking about the quilting

      Delete
  4. How cute are your snowmen?!? And on a flannel background - that will be cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dione. Now the embroidery is completed, and these guys are such cuties.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts