Progress

It's Tuesday and although it is mighty cold outside, in my sewing room things have been cooking. This past week I've managed to start assembling my 2018 blocks from Cindy Staub's BOM, all the embroidery embellishment is complete, the sashing and cornerstones added, and perhaps today, the final border will be added. Then I will post it here on the blog. I need to think about the quilting for this one. not sure at present where that will go.
I 'm preparing to send a small gift box to Victoria for our granddaughters, but had a last minute project I just had to add. One of the girls plays in her Jr. High school band, so I made a small zippered pouch she can carry some of her small bits along with her, and our 7 year old informed me last week, that foxes are now her very favourite animal, so I've made a foxy pouch for her.
Music Girl Karolyn

Foxy Penny
My summer quilting group,(when I'm at the cottage) is planning a show and sale for spring, and each member is to make 3 blocks to make a sampler quilt that can be raffled at the event. I'm adding these blocks to my post today. Every block must have a piece of one of the blues that can be found in mine.


 It is not always easy to plan this type of quilt as we all know. Why is the 1/4 inch seam so different for quilters? It is surprising, and perhaps baffling, but it is ever present. Recently our Sew and Sews group, (my winter group), used blocks made by 20 different individuals in making a gift quilt or someone who has been always so helpful to the group. Now these blocks were made using the same pattern, but there were significant variations in size when it came to preparing to assemble the quilt. Each one was trimmed to a median size, and a sweet quilt emerged. Again, the difference in either cutting, or piecing.It is possible that it was both,
I've been following the Island Batik Getaway Blog hop with great interest. There are such beautiful fabrics made into great projects by very creative quilters. It's definitely inspiring, and makes me want to dive into almost every project I see.

Last week our Cumberland Quilt guild had a pineapple workshop, one where a specialty ruler was used. I made 4 small blocks using the ruler, and because I don't have it, with the help of another guild member, figured out how to reach the same end using just our regular squares.  I used some reproduction 30's scraps for mine. They will eventually become part of a long standing wip. which I hope to finish within three years.

6 inch pineapples

Well I guess that is it for now. I'm hungry, and the clock says it's lunch time. This is indeed a good day.
Lynn

Comments

  1. Love the foxy bag! Although my daughter would be torn between that and the music theme one. It's tough being a tween.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts