A few more HST's and 4 patches

Friday morning, and all is well with my world. It's still cold outside, but I don't plan to venture out until late afternoon when I will join family members attending a musical "A Christmas Carol" where my great niece will play the role of the Ghost of Christmas Present..I am so looking forward to this outing. The sun is shining this morning, and my husband is home to help with Lucy when she needs to go out  to P.  Yesterday I got so cold during one of her longer outings, that it took over two hours wrapped in a fleece blanket for my hands to move freely again. Brrr!
We made pancakes and sausage with Cumberland County maple syrup for breakfast. They were scrumptious. I prefer to make my batter from scratch. It's so easy, and definitely a great flavour. For two of us I mix together 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Next I whisk together 1 egg, 1 cup buttermilk(preferably at room temp), 1 tbsp melted butter (cooled a bit). Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until mixed by leave a lumpy consistency. I let the batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes before using. 
Once water sprinkled on the pan I'm using starts to dance, we start the cooking. I know this is habit, but using a bit of shortening on the frying pan is part of our process too. I wonder what others do?
I'm still working away at the HST's and 4 patches from Bonnie Hunter's weeks 1 and 2 of her Good Fortune mystery. This morning is is the step of sewing strips together, and doing the sewing for the HST's I really like the red and blue scraps I've chosen from the scrap baskets.

 While I was cutting sewing and trimming, I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie on YouTube. We don't have regular television service here,(our choice), but depend on the internet for that type of media play.



Here is Lucy keeping me company each and every step of the way. She might be small,slightly less than 8 pounds, but she sees herself as a big dog and is plenty smart.









Early in the week I started making by December blocks for Darlene D'Eon's 52 week challenge. Since the colour being celebrated by Jen at Patterns by Jen is black for December, I decided to go it my own for the last month. With the season of sharing and giving with us, I opted to use scraps of fabric gifted to me by other quilting friends.  This is my first block for December
Well it's been great having this short blog time, but whenever I sit for too long, I fall asleep, so up I get again
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts