What's under my needle this month

Would you believe how quickly this month of May is passing? This is the beginning of the Victoria Day holiday, and zoom, I'm still not moved into the cottage, and time is passing like the speed of light.
Outside my window this morning everything is sunshine and shadows. But there is green everywhere.My picture doesn't give you a great idea, but if you look hard you will see full blown spring.

It has been a busy month. Our quilt guild is getting ready for our yearly retreat, as well as our summer closing in June. I've been sewing for both of those events. As well, my little green bear is waiting for some final stitching. Hopefully this weekend. 
At our closing we will be sharing projects made over the past few months using the paint chip we were given. This is a little colour play., a great way to investigate and experiment with colour. My chip comes from the pure red section of the wheel. It has had black and grey added to it. The guidelines for the challenge allow me to play anywhere on the section. Here is my first small project.
I didn't have a pattern for this, but I've seen three tiered pin cushions, and wanted to try using some prints that complement my reds. 

Pink is on my section, and Aqua green is opposite. This was fun, but my pattern needs some tweaking. Now I have a second project as well. It is not finished yet, but I am hopeful.
There is still quite a bit of work to do with this project. I do hope I finish it on time.

Look at these cuties.

This pattern, called Sweet Pea Pods is from Lazy Girl Designs. They are small, but when zipped open, they stay open some so a great place for small sewing items like Clover Clips. I need to keep these under wraps until the closing.
Today I am starting the new mystery offered by Darlene D'Eon, A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt shop. I'm a bit behind, but after today I'll be less so.
Have a great holiday weekend.
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts