Shades of Grey

The rain is falling here at Sandy Cove, and as I look out my windows, I see many shades of grey. Today with the cloud cover, the strait water is a steel grey, while the horizon is close to a pearl grey. The water appears mottled, a tone on tone fabric, with the only wave action the raindrops creating ripples as far as my eyes can see.The wooden deck boards are a brown grey, and my old steel deck chairs,(always grey), provide another value for the palette. In the distance, looking toward New Brunswick, the raindrops form a wall of grey colour, a very pale grey deepening as it clouds the land masses in the distance. Grey is definitely not boring here today..


I am working away on the binding of my cottage quilt, interspersing sew times with short bursts of cleaning floors. This gets two jobs done without  boredom, and with less muscle fatigue. This is my quilt today, front and back
I really like this binding. suits the quilt for my eyes..
 The back is bright and bold. The quilt calls out "Happy!" when you see it.
It is a good day for me and the ducks.
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts