Good bye long lazy summer days

Why is it that I seem to be so busy at the cottage when my major appointment is with the tide? The days arrive early and end when a later darkness takes us inside for a sleep accompanied by the soft sounds of the ocean conducting her summer symphony. The changes have started. For two days and nights, the winds from the southeast, then the northeast, and finally the northwest, heralded the message of fall's approach. I slept to the pounding of the surf, and woke to the tantalising smell of the ocean's garden varieties. Seaweed galore eight inches deep, welcomed me at waters edge for my first swim of the day. The sandpipers are so busy feeding as the waves wash over the sands at waters edge, and the great heron cranes majestically rule the rocky outcroppings just up the beach from out sandy cove. these friends arrive in mid August, and will leave us late in Sept. or earlier.


I am attempting to finish a small hooking project before my season is over, and there is still some quilting to finish in the sashings of my hand pieced, long in the making, sampler quilt. On the home front there is a change coming. My Pfaff long arm is now set up in the living room, and tomorrow I will travel up to Riverview to embark on a new adventure in quilting. I can no longer get on the floor to pin a quilt sandwich, and these very arthritic shoulders,and hands are limited in what they can manage. I hope I will have this machine buddy to make my journey easier and more productive. Oh I am so blessed. My dear husband had no qualms about dissembling our living room to accommodate this large and lovely machine. Now it is up to me to learn how to make it sing sweet songs.
Wish me good luck and smooth sailings in this venture.
I am home for just a couple of days, then back to the shore. There is yet much beautiful music to hear before the colder winds of late October force me out of the water, and back to being a creature of the land.
Oh yes, and I am assembling a small Christmas top so I can maybe be ready to quilt one for that season as well Good night from Sadie the daschund and me


Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts