April 2, 2013

Last evening I went to town and spent some time rug hooking with a group of women who have been working at this craft for some time. They talked of their adventure dyeing wool last summer, tying up completely, the facilities at two cottages. The resulting samples I saw were very beautiful. Maybe this year, if a similar dyeing day takes place, I'll find a spot for myself in the activities. I managed to get a few inches completed on my hot mat project. Joanne is working on a runner that features baby chicks making their way along a route. Barb is making a table mat with a rich creamy white background and gorgeous purple and mauve flowers. Janice is making a chair pad with a black background, and floral centre. Catherine is creating a landscape . Pippa left her hook at home last night and just curled up with the group and enjoyed the camaraderie. Next week, I may take my camera and record some of the groups progress.
Today my Fibre Friends met in Roslin at Peggy's house. We  were a very small group today, but Bonnie was working at the binding of her Thimbleberries group project. Peggy is on to a new cot quilt. She is making a four patch within a four patch. I did a bit more on my hooking project.
The air temperature today did not encourage me to be outdoors, but my dear husband managed to play his eighteen holes of golf.
It will be a quiet evening, and an early night for me.
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts