Gremlins,Goblins, and Ghouls, OH MY!

 


WELCOME TO

Thanks to Joan of Moosestash Quilting for hosting such a fun Hallowe'en hop. If you have been following along with us, I'm sure you have enjoyed the different posts as much as I have. If you need to catch up, the list is here at the commencement of my post.

Mabel, this little Gnome witch, came together while I was thinking about the hop, and planning what I might add to the fun. She can't find her broom, but we will continue to try to locate an appropriate mode of travel for her before the big night.





Monday Oct 17

Just Let Me Quilt

For the Love of Geese

Patchouli Moon Studio

Inflorescence

Scrapdash

 

Tuesday Oct 18

Creatin’ in the Sticks

Quilted Delights

Karrins Crazy World

Quilt Schmilt

Selina Quilts

 

Wednesday Oct 19

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting

Just Sew Quilter

Homespun Hannah's Blog

Words & Stitches

 

Thursday Oct 20

Songbird Designs

Ms P Designs USA

Lynns Beauty (That is me)

Time4stitchn

Crazy'bout Quilts

 

Friday Oct 21

Pinker n' Punkin Quilting & Stitching

Just Because Quilts

BeaQuilter

Pieceful Thoughts

MooseStashQuilting


I am deep into the process of downsizing my "stuff" and it has taken most of the time away from my sewing play, but when it is finished, I am sure I will feel so much better, and I may be able to find things as well. I'm looking forward to the new sew along with Cackling Stitches. I'm hoping for a great scary but fun sewing adventure with the crew.
Frank hangs out around our entryway, always welcoming. He arrived by way of a Patchabilities pattern, and we have an ongoing happy relationship 


For last Hallowe'en, I played with more scraps. It was a blast, and this placemat was one of the final finishes. This was a simple project. Using two scrap pieces at least 5" square, and a batting and background large enough to accomadate a placemat size, I did the flip and sew method to get my centre. The remainder was finding strips, of usable size and I had some leftover HST's from a fall project for interest along one side. A few small appliques finished my Hallowe'en portrait


This little apron will be gifted to my granddaughter this year. Her youngsters are now old enough to do a bit of baking with their mum, so a seasonal apron was in order. I couldn't figure out a way to get a good picture of it but it did turn out well. I didn't have a pattern, but it is a simple apron, The little pockets appeal to me, but they are not large, and wouldn't be much help if you needed to carry something It is reversible in case you feel the need for a tone on tone expression of the day.


That pretty much finishes my visit with you today. Neila, the table witch, may show up before the post goes out, but she is a bit shy, and while she never misses Hallow's Eve, I can't count on her being around when I want. If she shows, I'll try to get a quick pic of her. She and I have been friends for a fair number of years. 
Thanks for stopping by. Be kind and help where you can
Lynn


Comments

  1. The little gnome witch is really cute. That apron for your granddaughter is very pretty. I made my granddaughter one for Halloween years ago and she still wears it when cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little witch and fun projects all around. Frank is too cute and a great piece for your entry. I'm sure he loves to greet your guests. Great idea to make a seasonal apron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynn, your little witch is so cute. I hope she finds her perfect broom before the big night! I completely understand your love affair with Frankie! He is a handsome guy. Cute cute fabric on the apron for your grandie too. I am sure she will love using it when helping mom in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing all your Halloween joys with us. I am starting my sewing room big clean out next month. Uggggh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Frankenstein wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great group of projects; the witch is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat projects! I don't remember seeing that Frankenstein pattern before--guess I'll have to check on that. Love the cute witch with her decorated hat. Hope she finds a broom before Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your projects are so cute! I'm sure your granddaughter will love the apron. Hope the little witch finds her broom in time for Halloween. She's too cute to be grounded.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute projects, particularly love the little witch. Hope she locates her broom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing all your projects, Lynn. I really love the gnome...and Frankie!! LOL That's a great apron, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute underwater table runner in your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute projects! I know I would use that apron making pumpkin cut out cookies. But so many other projects are neat as well. Frankenstein is truly amazing and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little gnome witch...hope she finds her broom! That Frank is an awesome door greeter. Thanks for sharing your Halloween fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hellom Lynn, thank you for sending me your blog link - I enjoy coming to visit you here. I love that cute apron!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts