Fall Splendor

September is almost finished and all the fall activities are underway. Kids are back to school, even in B.C. so pleased for  those kids. I don't like to think of them missing out on school related activities. The sad part of fall is that I will soon need to close up my little cottage, and return to the real world.This was an awesome summer. Swimming was great, and if you are a watercraft person, or a sun seeker, there was no shortage of opportunity. Once I get back in the fall routine at home, I like it as well. I'm about to add two bits of excitement to my life. First our group of "Sew and Sews" is undertaking a mystery quilt this fall. I love a good mystery whether it is in cloth or the book type. In October we'll reveal our first finished clues. Also a friend and I have signed up to take a quilt class at the Covered Bridge Quiltery. It is the intermediate quilt class spanning eight week of class, 1/2 day per week. I'm betting I'll actually get this one done.
Currently I'm working on a chenille baby quilt for a new baby expected in our family. My niece Karen and her husband Paul, are expecting their first baby in December. A chenille quilt will be warm and cosy in Edmonton's cold winter. My scrappy friendship stars now number over one hundred, and more will be forthcoming.
I have a couple of pictures I want to post here this morning before the carpenter arrives to give me an estimate for the work he will do here at the cottage before winter comes. I need my front step repaired, and a new cover for my pump.
This was a beautiful rainbow we enjoyed for a brief time this summer. It was a gift.

I have 5 granddaughters. They are all so beautiful. Meaghan, our second oldest was snuggling under a quilt with the family daschies. Family is another beautiful part of summer and that easy routine.

My friend Peggy and I attended the Maine Quilt Festival. It was great fun, and this centre was the result of a one day class with Gail Garber teaching. It was Drafting and Designing. This technique uses freezer paper as a foundation. I learned enough to know I'd like to learn more.
We also participated in Sue Nichol's Feathers class. It was very well presented. I learned that if you persist and go carefully, you can do these. I don't have a sample yet to post.

When I got up this morning daylight was this close. It is a fabulous fall day. I've done some sewing, Lucy and I have been out at her request several times, and breakfast is finished.
The lawn needs to be clipped, and I may try that this morning.

Lynn




Comments

Popular Posts