Merry Christmas from me

Christmas day is here. We had the pleasure of hitting the road early so we could be at the gift opening of our local grandkids. It was cold and car locks were frozen. The snow was falling in large fluffy flakes. Everything for a perfect winter day.
 
This is the view from the end of driveway. The snow had just stopped, as the sky had a bit of blue peeking through.
Tomorrow our family will have our traditional turkey dinner. It's a cooperative affair. Omer and I will cook the turkey, make the coleslaw and stuffing as well as the cranberry sauce. We live in an area where cranberry bogs are in abundance,so cranberries are part of normal fare  for us.
Our younger grandkids live in Victoria, so we are very thankful for technology that allows video conferencing , such as SKYPE . That's what we did today with these little ones. It was fun  to share in some way with families.
I did a bit of sewing today. I'm slowly working on the clues for Bonnie Hunter's mystery at quiltville.com. she has a number of free patterns as well as much valuable info. Bonnie is a generous quilter, sharing with us  on a regular basis.
I've been working away at Clue#1 the bits which look like star points. Once you get the hang of sewing the pieces correctly, it is a breeze. Accuracy is super important.
The four patches are from clue #4. I haven't started #2 or #3 yet. I'll get there eventually.
Another project I'm working on is a baby quilt for a soon to be born . This little one will be here mid February so a warm quilt would work well. I'm making a chenille quilt. With a bit of steady attention on my part, I could have the line sewing done by Sunday. We'll see. This is a pic of the present status
I must also show one of the little Christmas tags I was making before the big day.
With to and From on the inside, these are very attractive on a special gift.
Just before I call it a day, have a peek at Sadie as she greeted us at the door this morning.
These daschies, Sadie, and Henry, love to greet you, sit with you , and wait ever so patiently for something to fall from a plate just for them. They are sweet
goodnight
Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts