December daze

Tonight we are sitting here preparing for the approaching snowfall and wind. Today the sunshine made diamond glitters over the snows surface. Even a -17C can be beautiful. There are only a few more days until Christmas, and if you brave the cold in the evening, you can  enjoy the Christmas lights that neighbours have strung to celebrate this season of joy and love.
Our family will be celebrating Christmas minus our mum. she went to join our dad in Heaven a week ago. Mums are such important people in our lives. If you are a daughter, you may have shared a very close relationship, or it may have been one with much love but also some conflict. Our mum left us with a wonderful legacy. She had a great capacity for loving others. there was always room at the inn(her heart).  We can all open our hearts to others without losing a thing. We will gain a new friend. My mum also demonstrated respect for herself and others. Her example to us ingrained a certain way of being that has become automatic. Probably the greatest gift we received was her gift of being quick to forgive. It wasn't always easy for her, but she was always able to forgive and provide second chances to all who injured her or hers in some way. what gifts she had to give
Last week our monthly sewing group met at the Covered Bridge Quiltery to work on our selvedge totes, and to order out for our Christmas lunch. It was grea fun. I love this group of quilters. Next month I hope to post some pics of the finished projects.
I've finished the mailing of Christmas cards. It is one of my favourite Cristmas activities. There was no Christmas letter this year though with mum in the hospital. I think I may just be up for  a bit of decorating this weekend. We already have the Christmas turkey in the freezer. He was acquired early one morning on our way to Riverview for our quilting party. Lets face it, who can resist a 98cents/lb  Christmas dinner.
I want to make a few more cards and tags just because I love to cut, paste, colour, and glue. I love the freedom of play.
There have been some pretty interesting Christmas movies on tv this year as well. I have started the Bonnie Hunter quilt mystery . Quiltville.com is where you can find the clues. she is up to Part 3, while I am just beginning to sew together the pieces for Part 1. There is no race, thank goodness. I have all year to make this quilt.
Have a great day toorrow
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts