The days of gratefulness

Well the feast is over, the company was awesome, and today the rack is in the pot. soup will e in this household tomorrow. We were only 10 this Thanksgiving dinner, but it was rich in good food, great conversation, and love. The evening was capped for me when the phone rang just before bed, and it was my Uncle Jack in Penetang calling with their Thanksgiving wishes. My cousin Karole and her husband Lorne, had invited our grandson Seamus for the weekend. Now this may seem like small potatoes to some, but Seamus is in toronto in his first year at UofT in an engineering program. This very special young man, has grown up in a town of fewer than four thousand, and this is really his first venture from home. Subways, the Go train. and meeting family members he has never met, seem quite challenging to me. He went for it, and of course, Karole and Lorne being who they are, generous and loving, made him feel at home quickly. During the short call, I got to speak with my precious uncle, my sweet cousin, and our dear Seamus. My table is complete.
This morning in addition to getting the soup started, I sorted through yarns and patterns left with e for distribution following the passing of an avid crafter. This week I hope to offer these things during the Fibre Arts Festival. There will be so many interesting programs available throughout the week.
Our ladybug infestation seems to have ended. If these little flying creatures bring luck, I should be the next lottery winner.
I am very happy that the two granddaughters who are in nursing programs are satisfied with their choices, and are doing well. They are both home for the weekend, and it is a treat to see how they are maturing. Emily has taken up some knitting. She is working on a Christmas gift for her mum. The yarn she is using is roving spun ot be yarn, but there is not twist in it as you would have in worsted. It is very soft. Any other of its properties are unknown to me. I think I might be able to use it in Thrummed mittens.

This pair I made recently for practice. As a novice and mostly self taught knitter, there are many bumps in my road as I learn to make these. I do like the picot edge on the wrists. I guess I should call them cuffs.
This summer my neighbour Judy, gave me a pattern for another mitten, hotdog mitts. I have completed the bodies of the pair, but will need more guidance for the thumbs. I liked knitting these so far

See how they look like long tubes before they are on a hand. They fit close to the hand, and the cuff is longer than some. In the hands of a real knitter, these could be beautiful. Mine will be functional for now.
I guess that is my today note.  Keep sunshine in your heart
lynn


Comments

Popular Posts