Thanksgiving at my N.S. home

Well it is Thanksgiving in my little part of the world. The turkey, a twenty some pounder with summer savory potato stuffing, is in the oven, breast side down, and covered with muslin soaked in unsalted butter. Mmmmmm but it will be so good. The coleslaw with a family held recipe and cranberry sauce is in the fridge,turnip is cooked, and the buttercup and butternut squashes have been roasted. Another family has a variety of pies baking today, and the third family member will bring us potatoes, whipped, carrots, and peas. The wine I co-made with my granddaughter is chilling for tonight. I am truly blessed.The remainder of my family are in distant places. I trusr they will enjoy the blessings we have received. My dear sister is visiting with one of her sons and his delightful family in Australia for a month, and I think their Thanksgiving will be at another time.
Big news in the household is the arrival of my longarm quilter. It is not one of the really big guys, but it does manage to occupy half of our living room.
Don't you just love it!
I am working on a wall hanging that is a paid work for a lady who will have him (the snowman), celebrate the approaching season. I hope to get all of the details done in the upcoming week. This guy is distinctly Canadian. His scarf says it all.

He is the bottom one, not quite finished yet.He is awfully cute though.
Yesterday was the quilting day for those wonderful women who should perhaps be called Martha's Marvels. They are all so kind and full of fun.
While I didn't have a big project to work on there. I did some strip sewing, and made a couple of blocks from the upcoming retreat quilt. I love scrappy.
This split nine patch can really eat into that pile of scraps we all seem to have. Thinking of scraps, I noticed on Bonnie Hunter's http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/  Quiltville.com  blog, Quips and Snips, she will be releasing the fabric requirements for her upcoming mystery on or about Oct 23rd. Last years mystery, Easy Street, was fun and a great finished top as well. I'll be waiting

I wonder if there are others who enjoy these magazines as much as I do. They are great inspiration, as well as entertainment. Thanks to the publishers and the talented designers who make the projects.

http://www.craftlovers.com/magazines?mag=91
My issues are mainly older ones, but I treasure them.
I think I'm finished writing for now, but I may go check out Leah Day's machine quilting site. Take a peek if you happen to be visiting me. Have a great weekend
Lynn




Comments

Popular Posts