Scrappy Baby Quilt Under Construction

 I've been silent for far too long.My machine has not been completely idle, but I've been focusing on personal things for a bit lately. Spring is here, and I've just had a lovely trip to Barrie Ontario to help my extended family Celebrate my Uncle Jack's 90th birthday. It was wonderful to share time with my cousins, their partners, and all of their children and grand children as we celebrated a man who has always played a supportive role in our lives. too often families gather as we lose someone, but this time ti was a joyous occasion.My sister, Bonnie, and I travelled to Ottawa on Porter Airlines with our two cousins whose mom was our dad's twin sister. Aunt Blanch's older son, Bruce picked us up at the airport, and he and his partner Diane, welcomed us warmly for the night. Diane prepared a fabulous meal for supper, The next morning, Bruce chauffeured us to Barrie, it's quite a drive, 5 hours, and he did it so ably. For the first time in my life, I stayed in an Air B&B, a three bedroom condo. It was great!.On Saturday we all gathered in Barrie where we  hugged, chatted, and feasted for the afternoon. Uncle Jack's son Travis, was the emcee, and we are very proud of him and the gracious way he managed that job. Uncle Jack's two daughters and his wife Gretha and family, were major planners and preparers for the event. Many of the words spoken that day, brought wonderful memories to the forefront of my thoughts. Jack and Eleanor, were so good to me when I was a young girl. I spent some special time with them and their then very young family. Aunt Eleanor is no longer with us, but her love and kindness will never be forgotten. Our cousin Karole was missing from the day. She too has left us but her strength, courage, and love of life has been passed on to her daughter Holly, and her son Drew. I guess that whenever we gather there are parts of the circle who may not be with us in body, but their spirit, now lives on in all of us who remember and love. I am so grateful to all of those who have shared part of themselves with me in my life. In the evening, the little ones were carried off home by loving parents, and those of us who needed some rest made our departure, with the promise and wish to gather again. 

Sunday morning Bruce again ably chauffeured Tootsie, Charlotte, Bonnie and me to the Toronto airport where we would board an Air Canada flight to return to our beloved province of Nova Scotia, and our families whom we so dearly love. These days I don't often venture very far from home, but this was an adventure I would not want to miss. 

Oh yes, I have a new baby quilt top to share with you. i'm writing up a pattern for it that I will share here when I get it tidied up a bit. It is a scrappy one, made with leftovers from a larger quilt several years ago.  The top is done, but quilting is needed. I'll use a navy blue binding using the same print as the star points. 

Hoping you have a grand day this Victoria holiday
Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts