Influenza A and me

 Just a short note while I am up and about. This is day 10 trying to deal with this flu virus. I honestly cannot remember ever being down and out with a virus  like this one. I think the fever has finally gone, but the exhausting cough and shortness of breath kills any plans I might have about accomplishments in my sewing room. I don't bounce back as quickly at my age.

I have a Christmas quilt in the works. In our family we have a name draw for the adults, and this year I have our daughter's name. That was exciting for me, as I wanted to make her a special quilt, not a bed size, but one she could wrap in at the cottage when the wind blows, or maybe when she is feeling tired.The top is almost assembled, and the pieces to assemble the backing are ready to go. The only holdup is me. I can't seem to et enough energy together to make the next step. A bit closer to gifting time, I'll post a picture.

Two weekends ago, we enjoyed the company of our granddaughters pup Levi. He is so loveable and very cuddly. Most times he is content just to be with his human family. 

He sat beside me for hours as I worked on the hand sewing part of the binding on our Great Grandson's baby quilt. Theo is four months old, and it's time to get his new quilt done and delivered.

I need a better picture of it ,but that will wait until I am up and around. The third picture I am posting is of my sweet husband who has kept this ship afloat while I'm am not able to help. The other night the town closest to us had the yearly Santa Parade, and my husband went to the local hospital where he volunteers to help some of the RCU patients get arranged to enjoy the festivities. Just before he went out the door, I snapped this picture. I love it.

A lovely thing  happened to me yesterday. I received an email from Susan Dixon - Desert Sky Quilting. I was one of two fortunate quilters to have their name drawn to win a fat quarter of sweet fabric with musical notes on it. This draw followed the Music blog hop hosted by Carla Henton from Creatin' in the Sticks. I am thrilled! Susan will be mailing the fat quarters out to Carol Swift -Just Let M Quilt, and to me this week. That was a fun hop. Next week the Virtual Cookie Exchange hop will begin This one is hosted by Carol.

Comments

Popular Posts