"Tickled Pink"

I am "tickled pink" to be part of this sharing during Carla's Tickled Pink Bloghop.
Yesterday was sweetheart's day, and I have a couple of things to share with you that I made for the special day. The first is a small table topper that I made last year, and finally have finished.
Second is another top I made this year, and hope to finish by next. This project was a short Valentine mystery from Fort Worth Fabric Studio, The centre block called for a star, but hearts were on my mind and so I chose a paper pieced heart from Rose Johnston from threadbare Creations. I enlarged the pattern a bit. The pattern size is for 8 1/2" heart, but I made mine a bit over 9 so it would work well with the 10 1/2" blocks in the project. I'm puzzling over the thread colour or colours for quilting this piece. 



FWFS Valentine Mystery 

What do you think, maybe a stripe for the binding?

I saved some of the trimmings from the pp heart and made this sweet pin cushion.
It appears bigger in the picture than it is, but I was using the closeup on my little point and shoot.


Just for fun, I gave myself two days to play with some of my pink scraps. I pulled out a handful from my scrap basket, and stuffed them into the plastic polka dot bag that I love. 



Then I was on a pincushion ramble. For a couple of years one of my favourite pinnies pattern has been from Retro Mama's blog.  https://retro-mama.blogspot.com/2019/04/herringbone-pincushion-tutorial.html It's a herringbone pattern made with very narrow strips. I have made many for small gifts, or to mark scraps that a quilting friend has gifted to me at the end of their project. Then I can make them a small gift to remember their project. My strips are often a bit wider than suggested. I made a few to share with you today. I like to include some sand or beads for weight in the base of the pincushions.

Of course, we don't really need a pattern to make a pretty pinnie. In the polka dot bag, I found two very appealing (to me), pieces of fabric. The little bunny called to me to become a small square pincushion, 

while the snail called out to have a role to play in my quilting life. So I put him into a pocket to hold clips or a small pair of scissors. I become totally immersed in this kind of play, so I am very thankful that Carla's blog hop presented me with the opportunity. I think he is a cutie!



Thanks for visiting with me, and be sure to drop in and visit with the others playing today.
Lend a hand where you can  - Hugs
Lynn

Comments

  1. your work looks great I love the scrap pinnies they are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lianne for your kind words and your visit

      Delete
  2. I love seeing what others do with their scraps and your pincushions are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scraps are such a fun way to let loose with your imagination. Thanks for your visit

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful projects! I can just imagine how much fun you had with all of these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did have lots of fun Gail. Still have a mountain of scraps, but no complaints here. Thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects all look great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what fun "Pink" projects you have done. I love your table toppers. Pinny's are always a fun and super useful project. You sure know how to play and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection of pink projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, your pincushions are all awesome! You've given me another project for my quilt retreat in a few weeks. :) The table toppers are really neat too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many awesome pink projects! I love the pincushions. Thanks for sharing the link for the herringbone pincushion. I have so many skinny strips of scraps and this will be a perfect way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pincushions are fun and useful too! The table toppers are a lovely way to decorate too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pink projects, love your pincushions! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karrin. I love to share and learn with other quilters and sewists

      Delete
  12. The pincushions are fun!! Love the tabletoppers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a bunch for your visit and your kind words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt from you adapted from FWFS. Also so many tiny projects which are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FWFS is very generous with their mysteries, Thank you. I'm looking forward to the quilting and binding So happy that you came to visit, My play projects bring me so much joy

      Delete
  15. So many pink beauties here! I love your quilts and pincushions...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and your kind words.

      Delete
  16. What a lovely pink post. Tickled by the many Pink Pinnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, and for leaving me a sweet note.

      Delete
  17. It looks like you had a lot of fun playing with pink and it is all tickled pink eye candy for sure. Thanks for joining us with your super projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla.It was fun, and quite productive,

      Delete
  18. I can tell that you had a wonderful time with your pink scraps! Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like all of your pincushions, but I LOVE the "X and O' quilt. It is stunning with the black background. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh lots of pink goodies! Love them all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Joy. Appreciate your visit and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The X and O quilt is stunning. Love the center heart. Your 0in cushions are fun too. Great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, thanks for visiting with me, and i do appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete
  24. Wow, you made so many projects. They're all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Sharon. I really enjoyed this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love pincushions and I can see that you do, too. The braided one is my favorite. You definitely made some lovely Vday quilts. And...isn't it wonderful to complete a UFO?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pincushions are so much fun to make, and they are useful. Combining beauty and function is a great combination. And this year I am making aa valiant attempt to improve my UFO finishing record. Wish me luck! Thanks for visiting and leaving me a note.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What fun and pretty projects! Thank you for sharing Lynn 😄

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are such great projects,Lynn! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts