A brief note

It has been fun reading through the posts (meagre as they are) from 2020. I hadn't quite gotten completely into hermit mode at that time. Fast forward to October 2021, and I'm still the same woman, but my world has so much smaller. I responded to the pandemic virus with great care, sanitizing everything in view. I didn't go to any retail stores, my husband, who loves to shop, looked after our retail needs exclusively. I didn't even go out looking at quilting fabric, and that is a rarity. Good job I have such a great stash at home.

Occasionally now, I will go out in public, properly masked, double shots vaccination, and keeping a safe distance. I don't think I minded the isolation as much as some. I'm not a super social gal, and while I like almost everyone I meet, I also enjoy alone time , in fact it is an essential for me. With Zoom, I was still able to meet weekly with my meditation group, and occasionally with a few of my quilting friends. I am not a Twitter of Instagram user, FB and emails were often being visited.

Tonight we were driving to our granddaughter's house, and looking at nature's painting of the fall foliage. The beauty was beyond my ability to describe the colours, some super saturated reds, soft, oranges and yellows, remnants of green, the dark purple some maples manage to show in October. Views that are food for the soul.

Tomorrow the plan is for me to get my new glasses adjusted, and then back to the cottage. My time there is growing shorter, and I want to squeeze every possible minute into my heart before Ii need to say good bye for winter.

Although I haven't managed to attend a guild meeting yet this year, I am going to follow along with the BOM our program committee has arranged. This is an active group, many of them working a job outside the home, as well as creating beautiful quilted projects through the year.



I will close my post tonight with a pic of Herons fishing in front of the cottage as the tide begins to ebb.

Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts