This weeks sewing news

Time really does seem to fly by. Of course I find that in the winter months I don't seem to have the same intensity of action that arrives with spring, heats up in Summer, and starts to fall off in the late fall. I've been at the sewing machine some though. I thought I'd post a few pictures of what is new (sort of).
I posted one photo of my own BOM that I started in September. January's is now finished, so I thought I'd post them so progress can be followed.



These blocks are made in a scrappy colour combo with primarily Thimbleberries fabric from days gone by. It's amazing how many pieces we can gather. I'm liking the block in each of its colours. There are five completed. The block is about 12 1/2" unfinished. 

😊😊😊😊😊

This is my creation made with my Pfaff embroidery unit. Martha Davison helped me with its development, as I am no expert in this area. Maybe this year I'll spend a bit more time developing skills with machine embroidery. I love this one though, and have saved it to my files. I find it easy to get ideas, but often lack the skills to bring them into reality. I belong to a group "The Sew and Sews" who meet once a month to share our time, our talents, and our love of quilting. Sometimes we work on individual projects, but some months one of us will lead a class so we can all learn something new.I am hoping to make this little embroidered piece into a bag front in the not too distant future. The fabric is Moda Grunge grey. When I first saw the grunge line, I wasn't impressed, but it is beginning to seep into my line of "I like that".



There are eight members in our group, so I included eight spools of thread, and these women are certainly my gang. Everyone is always supportive of the others, and of women in general. When I get this finished I'll post a picture. I'm wondering what colour coordinate to put with it, and should it be a bold print, a small scale one, or perhaps a solid. 
Yesterday we started a new tote with our fearless member Peggy. Mine is about 3/4 finished, and today one of our members posted hers finished tote on our facebook page.

It's difficult to see the beautiful blue in this print which I believe is a Windham fabric. The base is a darker blue, quite serviceable too. My friend Micheline made this beauty. It has a recessed zippered pocket inside as well as a patch pocket. The bag is about 13" x 18". We used a woven stilizer in most areas, and fusible fleece for the front and back pieces, and it is sturdy.


Well that is my blog entry for today. I do hope everyone enjoys the day We can bloom wherever we are planted. Hugs
Lynn







Comments

Popular Posts