Today we are receiving a bit of snow. Yesterday was a great  day for all those who wanted to travel during the Christmas season.I spent a quiet day at home, napping, and watching a movie. Just before Christmas I discovered that the cold and cough I thought would pass on it's own, was going to need a boost. I am grateful for the antibiotic that is working with my own immune system to kick the stuffing out of this nasty bug.
Christmas is not always a happy time for some folk. I hadn't realized that until I was well  into adulthood. My father loved Christmas with a grand tree, lots of food, family, and a gift from Santa. Perhaps back then, there  were lots of sad people but we didn't know about them. Transportation was not as readily available, and communication vehicles were limited to letters, radio, television(2 channels), telegrams, newspapers, and word of mouth.As I write this, it sounds as if we are looking back to the dark ages, but not so. I was born in 1946, so mid nineteen fifties would have me aware of those areas of life. Growing up in a small mining town, where neighbours knew each other, and people seemed to have more free time, kept us a bit isolated, and insulated. My husband, Omer, grew up in Toronto. His young life experience was vastly different from mine. I was amazed to learn how different city life could be.
I wish for all those who find this a difficult time of year, comfort and calm.
Today I started cutting fabric needed for the 4th clue in Bonnie Hunter's Allietare mystery. There is a lot of cutting and sewing in this clue, so I will definitely be behind the leaders. Clue five was released Boxing Day. I haven't even downloaded it yet.
Tomorrow is my sister's birthday, and we are going out to brunch. I'm looking forward to it.She is three years younger than I am, just a spring chick. Speaking of chicks. This morning a ruffed grouse strode across our front yard on his way to an apple tree still hanging on to a few apples. He is a regular visitor. I caught a few shots of him, and a very short video piece on my little Nikon Cool Pix. It was my first try at a video.


I haven't figured out how to get the video to play, but I'll get back to that.
That is my entry for tonight

Comments

  1. Love your picture.
    Nature can calm me down so much.
    I am bless to live in the country and grew up in the country.
    Like Albert Einstein said

    "Look deep, deep in nature and you will understand everything"

    Hope you fight off that nasty bug.
    Love u
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts