Life at the cottage includes quilting

After a few days to settle into my beach routine, I think I've got it. This week has been warmer with a significant humidity. Arthur will no doubt change all of this. I've been checking out just what I need to secure. A north east blow will move many things, and this little cottage sits out on the point. The weather warnings suggest power outages and damage to trees might be possible tomorrow. There is something both chilling and exciting about weather events. Some of my family including me, have loved to play in the big surf, as long as rip tides are not too strong. As I get older, I'm not quite as steady on my pins as I once was, so I'm a bit more cautious these days. This morning the air is filled with bird song. so much music from these small creatures.
This is my view this morning
Lucy is with me . I'm attempting to help her be less anxious about all the small things that happen every day. She barks at too many things. Wish I had a magic touch, but nope I don't. She is such a sweet dog. I really would like to help with this issue.
She is in her quiet mode here.For a tiny dog weighing less than eight pounds, she has a big bark, very sharp.
I have a few little quilting items I've played with over the past bit of time.
I'm still working on Bonnie Hunter's last mystery Celtic Solstice . I have one clue plus this chevron unit, before I can start to put it together. As long as I'm done before the next one starts, I'll be content.These mysteries Bonnie so generously shares, always challenge me with colourways, as well as seeing just how small blocks can be combined.No fabric is too ugly to morph into that beautiful swan.
These little friendship stars are one of my ideas for using some of the little HST's I have in my posession. These are scrappy, but with some control. The backgrounds are definitely not controlled pattern, but I try to keep the value in each star similar. The coloured scraps may have a centre different from the points, or perhaps the points are different, but the same value.These made up to 6 1/2 " unfinished.


I have many HST's of different prints and sizes. While Trying different arrangements, this one suits my taste. There is a star, but itt is not always immediately obvious.I found that by pressing the seams open, I had a flatter block, more easily managed. When I get some time, I plan to see what else presents itself.
Well that is my entry for today. Lucy and I must go to town, complete some little chores, and return to prepare for Arthur's arrival tomorrow. I like to be ready early.
Lynn




Comments

Popular Posts