Christmas in July

The day was warm and sunny. The surf was relatively quiet, and the kids played on the sandbars. Inside our little cottage though, a creative group of five women. gathered to share their ideas for Christmas greeting cards. First though, lunch . We borrowed the idea from our Thimbleberries group, and shared a cooperative lunch. It was a feast. This is the first time I've ever had tuna/salmon sandwiches. MMMmmm delicious!
If you are not a fish lover, there was egg, cheese and cherry, ham and lettuce, and fresh tea biscuits with hard boiled eggs. We had a blueberry cheesecake, but also Sharon brought a weight watcher diabetic summer dessert. It gets an A in my book for tasty light confection.I want to post a couple of pics I took during the afternoon.
 Cathy and Brenda drove up from Truro and Debert, while Sharon and Peggy came from Millvale and Roslin respectively. It was exciting for me to see what the different creative minds designed.


I really enjoy the company of these women.
Hurrah, I finally discovered how to copy files from my download folder. these are the cards we each made on wed.
Cathy's card is so elegant.

 This is mine. It needs some refinement, but I like it.

Peggy had this fellow in her yard. Brian took the picture and shared.


Brenda brought us a card to be used in many seasone, and for numerous occasions. 

It was a good day.

July 21st
Yesterday I celebrated my 67th birthday with my extended family. It was a scorching day, but in the shade of Bonnie and Allan's trees, there was food and good cheer, as well as a cooling breeze. I had requested a yellow cake with chocolate fudge icing and was not disappointed. What do you give someone of my age for a gift? In my case, I asked that if those in attendance wanted to give a gift, I would greatly appreciate a toonie that we could add together and buy books for the elementary school in Springhill. We shall be able to buy several. Thanks to everyone for making this possible

 Andrew and Bonnie getting a snack



Mum and Omer



Waiting for the grilled stuff
.My sister organizing the kids to blow out the candles. This turned out to be impossible, not because of the number of burning wicks, but because the breeze finished the job before we got  them lit
It was another great day. I am blessed
Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts