Deck the Halls

Christmas is just round the corner. The kids are home from university. Omer and I are settled in for winter. I'm following Bonnie Hunter's Allietaire Mystery on Quiltville.com. Clue 4 was posted yesterday. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the cutting done for the fourth clue. Fortunately this year I am managing to keep up somewhat with the issuing of the clues.
This year I attended the Maine Quilt Show in July. I studies landscape classes with Molly Waddell and thread painting with Sue Brubacher. Art quilts have not been in the forefront of my quilting journey. I have not considered that I might have any artistic ability. Perhaps I am mistaken. Maybe application and mileage might make a difference.
It was a good summer at the cottage. Some of my quilting friends visited for a day, and Peggy and I met another day making baffle quilts. We had a visit from family in Alberta with a new little boy in their family. Time passed quickly. I moved back home in October, earlier than I had planned. That resulted from a lingering flu like illness that made it unwise for me to stay alone in an unoccupied area.
Like everyone, I have experienced the loss of friends over the past year. It is difficult to understand why some must leave us very early in life. It leaves a hole in our hearts. Thankfully time softens the edges of our pain, and we can enjoy the good memories of friends and family who are no longer with us.
I've finished some small projects over the past six months, and entered a challenge issued by the quilt shop, A Needle Pulling Thread.  I used part of Sue Garman's Yuletide Treasures BOM from 1998 as a starting place. I've been working to improve my machine appliqué using the buttonhole stitch. The two blocks were a snowman,and an old world Santa. I'm going to post a photo when they come back from the challenge.
That is my post for today
Cheers
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts