Happy New Year 2014

Here we sit with a brand new year starting and a bundle of new opportunities for adventure. The climate controller seems to be wanting those of us in the east to understand that WINTER IS HERE. Well, I got it. Today I nurtured the warming fire in our little woodstove. Omer went out and did whatever chores required a trip to town. I just wasn't up to it. I also sewed a bit on the four patches for Bonnie Hunter's mystey. she revealed the quilt yesterday, and it is a worthy project. I particularly like the way the elements appear to have motion. Remember, I won't finish until late spring at the earliest. I guess there are no races left in my life. I visited Beth Ferrier's blog tonight, Regardless of where we live, there are stages in life we all experience. Beth will not be hosting a BOM this year, as she is reorganizing and prioritizing the empty nest. I sure hope that she has a great year. Visit her blog at some time when you have a bit of time.
I want to post some pictures that will record for me where I am today. I'm hoping to ecome a bit better organized through this year of 2014.

And it has snowed another 15 cm since this pic.
I've been working on a Chenille baby quilt for my cousin Sharon's much anticipated grand baby, I want to record the stages
 Cutting between the rows of stitching is another time consumer, but good to do while watching tv or listening to music
There are lots and lots of rows of stitching in this technique, but it makes a delightful warm and easy care quilt. I really like them.The binding id finished, and tomorrow i hope to put it through a wash cycle and then the dryer for fluffing.
Now to record the stage I've reached in the Bonnie hunter mystery
On the left are the first of the star points, about 100 of them.These are finished. Next we have the first few of one hundred twenty four patch blocks I need 36 more of these. Next I'll start the chevrons.
I think that this is a wrap. I look forward to many good days and lots of laughter in 2014. I am thankful for many things in my life, and quilting is one of the biggies after my family and friends. Aren't laptops wonderful. I was able to sit here in the armchair with this little machine and record these thoughts. Later
Lynn.


Comments

Popular Posts